Behold!! X1- BTF German Walkthrough TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH!!!!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Volyren

Behold!! X1- BTF German Walkthrough TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH!!!!!!

Post by Volyren » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 16:47

**read for a laugh, or just scroll to the line for the goods**
im sure many of you may have tried to translate the FAQ on gamefaqs, but the translators online tend to either stall and give and error, or they get confused with all the lines and formatting, or they just cannot deal with a file that large.
so ther that german language faq for X beyond the frontier just sits.... waiting.... far too imposing for the average person to bother with. With no other real FAQs up, and the one website (the argon-whatever, that i saw mentioned here and there) there seems to be no hope for the budding X pilots. sure, you can struggle through blindly, with a hint here and there, but is that TRULY fun for everyone? my guess is that at least 50% of the poeple who try xbtf for the first time, will eventually quit in frustration. some of them may try to play a later X game, but others will say, "screw it, i didnt know the games were all like this...."'. and for those who do go on to other X games, they have missed the beginning of the saga, The "training" for what is to come.
the sad fact is, that, less players = Less money for EgoSoft.
And the less money for EgoSoft = Less chance of more X games and content.
And if there are less X games made = less X players
and if there are less X players, then who will the military draft, when we are invaded by aliens and they need someone to fly their experimental fighter craft to take out the alien scum and SAVE THE WORLD???!!!

so with that in mind, our company could not sit around and do nothing. no, sir. Not when the fate of all mankind may rest on the fact that players are too lazy to copy and paste small fragments at a time into a questionable search engine's free translator utility.
Its SHEER MADNESS!!!
So, seeing that no one else would step forward to rectify (hehe, rect-ify..... heh) this untenable situation, our company bravely took on the challenge of bringing secret german only information, into the hands of the (righteous?) English speaking masses!
so without further ado, we, your humble saviours of mankind, present to you the fruits of our labour of love. we slaved over a hot keyboard and mouse for what seemed like ages (or 10 minutes, we get those confused) to bring you this:
The Official "Un-official" Gamefaqs German FAQ/Walkthrough for X - Beyond the Frontier, Translated IN FULL to ENGLIGH by your heroes, ....
THE one, THE ONLY, "All your base are belong to us!" translation team!!!

we at the "all your base are belong to us" translation team (here on out referred to as AYBABTU) know that great care must be taken to preserve content when translating from one language to another. why, if the translation gets its syntax jumbled, you could end up with phrases that dont make sense, or that just leave you scratching your head, or laughing so hard it hurts. (last year over 300 people laughed themselves to death. we must stop this epidemic!) and in the worst cases, a translation may become so distorted that the document, game, or whatever, may become a cult icon, known more for its fouled translation and not for its content.
we here at AYBABTU would NEVER let something like that happen on our watch!

***ALL JOKES ASIDE, PLEASE READ BELOW***

so, please,use the links below to get to the the English translation using the Austrian Dialect, and another English translation using the Swedish Dialect. The two documents therefore have slight differences. if you read german, or want to view the source document, go to www.gamefaqs.com and look up x- beyond the frontier. its the only faq posted for it.

http://pastebin.com/ws0hwaev Swedish German to English
http://pastebin.com/vBM8MX8W Austrian German to English

well, i managed to use a program my Fiancee uses a lot, so she can talk to her family back home in germany.
i was unsure of the dialect used, so i used both austrian german, and swedish german, though both tend to come out sounding like the "All your base are belong to us!" team. (google "all your base are belong to us" if you dont get the joke, you soon will)
some of the translation is just downright hilarious the way the syntax gets all wonky.
however, its serviceable and you can understand at least 90% of this faq.
if anyone wants to use this on whatever site, feel free, but keep in mind, its technically not MY faq. its the guy who posted it in german on gamefaqs.com. and lastly, if anyone wants to take a stab at rewriting it to make it more readable, by all means, please do, and if ya dont mind, email volyren@gmail.com when you do, as i sure would like a copy! :P
i hope this helps some people out. i know its already helped me. (and i blew up like 4 times, right after the prologue jump, because i didnt know you could hit ENTER and talk with the captain. using the manual i just kept hitting C for comms, and any other command listed in the sorely lacking manual)
so enjoy, hope it helps, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
Last edited by Volyren on Tue, 26. Jul 11, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 17:15

While this may be a legitmate translation, asking people to download an unknown file ZIP from a random hosting site is really not a good idea in this age of viruses and other nasties. I've therefore removed the link and locked this post. If you want to PM me to discuss this action, particularly better ways to offer the translation that are less risky to other people, then please feel free to do so.

Edit: The OP has provided safer links, so the thread is unlocked. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”