Remote mining, how many ships!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Remote mining, how many ships!!

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 00:03

After setting up my weapon plex in Menelaus Oasis I went to work setting up the remote mining in US south of Menelaus Oasis. That's where I've hit a problem, I've got 7 ore miner's and 3 Sillicon miner's and I'm not coming close to supplying my complex. :cry: I've got 2xPAC forges, 3xHEPT forges and 4xIPG forges to supply. How many more ships am I gonna have to get to stock this plex? I'm begining to wish I hadn't started this project and stuck with closed loop complexes. :cry:

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 01:26

Think of it this way, it won't cost anything to overmine right?

Get a CLS 2 in Herron's Nebula trade station and hire/fire until you get a Cargo Messenger rank guy. Now you can set up 14 silicon miners and one storage ship. Easy to get more, if tedious to initially set up. If they have a home base they may even level up and let you run say 50 miners no problem.

drkpendragon

Post by drkpendragon » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 02:47

I don't know about other people, but I normally get about 2500 each hour for every 10 miners. I just add more whenever I need it and make sure I mine a bit more than I actually need. If you do over mine, just be sure to use a separate TL for ore and silicon.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 03:20

Heh.

TLs cost 17+ Million each, a L size mine costs less than 1, my I build mines on Asteroids to use for stockpiling, I just don't provide them with any eCells, or money.

bernoud
x3tc

Post by bernoud » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 08:28

Beware of the TS loading and unloading process with CLS2, as mining ships stops working till delivery is done.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 85#3629485
A l'abordage ! est le sujet réunissant tutoriaux et vidéos d'abordages de vaisseaux !
10 000 Lasers de réparation, X3TC vanilla exploit

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 10:40

I'm guessing I should have set this up later in my game when I had the financial assets to support it. :( I'm going to have to put it on hold until I can afford more ships, this is sucking up all my profits at the moment. :shock:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”