Is there more to this game than the Aldrin reunion?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mikeodelld
x3tc

Is there more to this game than the Aldrin reunion?

Post by mikeodelld » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 04:09

Hello, I've been playing X3: terran conflict Aldrin Missions and have completed the missions of delivering the Aldrin delegation to Earth. Yet, The scientist Winters has escaped and is loose in the Universe. My question is...is that it? I mean no more military missions? Do I fly around the Universe in hopes of finding Winters? is there a whole new game program that I need to purchase?

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 04:12

All plot missions actually are supposed to be related to Terran Conflict.

You learn a little more about the TF/CPUs in A New Home plotline.. but that's about it.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 04:36

There are numerous other plots in the game FYI. It's just that those need to be found first. There are two nearby your location if you're interested, check Omicron Lyrae and Elysium of Light.

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 05:25

After you're done the missions it's up to you what to do next.

Build an empire? Exterminate those that look at you funny? Hold all xenon sectors? You decide :wink:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 09:25

There is another, "Aldrin Expansion Mission" too.

Check the FAQ http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... &version=9

And if you have Steam,there is the DLC sector to find and make use of.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 10:43

Want some advice ?, forget missions for a while I never personally do any missions until I am some way into the game just by trading etc, this way you gain experience about combat, trading and of course you also make friends with various races (or not) which can (or not) make any future missions easier.
X3 TC
Trade: Tycoon
Fight: X-Treme

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 13:36

For the first time I have actually started plot because I got a bit bored with flying around, exploring and remote trading.
The beauty of this game is taht is isn't restricted to a plot line. You can just dive in, do a mission at your own accord and feel free for the rest. The latter part was kind of hard for me because few games give you this much freedom.
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark.

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 13:56

You don't want to know how often the deligation to Terran sectors from Omnicron Lyrae have left without me... (the first misison of the Terran plotline if you don't start as Terran).

Actually I should start it and start exploring Terran sectors, putting an M5 in each station...

mikeodelld
x3tc

Post by mikeodelld » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 18:33

Thank you all for your responses. However, since completeing the military missions, which led to Aldrin, I have been working other missions, beit combat, assassinations, or delivery and trade. I have been exploring the universe--recently finding the Paranid domain while skirting around the Xenons, I'm been slowly building my own fleet ( 1 Vidr, 1 Katana, 2 Transporters filled with marines, and 1 Claymore bomber). But I'm under the impression that I'll find Winters as mentioned by Ishiyama, when he said, "Winters is still at large and eventually we will find him..." or am I wrong?
Don't be mistaken, I like the game and there's lots to do; plus the gaining of rank and reputation:
I am currently ranked as a Fighter Chief; Petty Vendor; with reputations such as Terran Warrior of Io and Protector of the Argon Federation, Teladi Company Manager.
Again, thank you all for your responses.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 21:13

But I'm under the impression that I'll find Winters as mentioned by Ishiyama, when he said, "Winters is still at large and eventually we will find him..." or am I wrong?
I think he is referenced in the ANH plot.
Have just checked a walkthrough.

mikeodelld
x3tc

Post by mikeodelld » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 23:08

Thank you for the link to the handguide. Came in real handy 8). After reading it I felt like smacking my head as if I shoulda had that V-8!
I see that after the first visit to Torus I was to go to Omnicron Lyrie for different missions, correct? I also found some neat tips on how to play better, such as buying a transport ship to handle 200 Teladianium vs making 10x20 trips. Becomes boringly tedious going back and forth.
Plus looking at the maps of the universe in the handbook I see there no jumpgates to or from Aldrin. I spent nearly 6 hours looking for a jumpgate----speaking of; what's jumpgate X in the southern part of Belt of Aguilar? I noticed it's non-operational. Also, is there a plot difference between Terran Defender and USC Commander besides flying different types of ships? Not that it matters cuz after reading the handbook, I wanted to start all over again; plus I feel enlightened.
However I would like to point out that when players first start in either Terran Defender or USC COmmander, they should have enough credits to up the speed and/or rudder ops. Even in USC Commander, I was frustrated with the lack of rudder control---granted using the mouse and/or autopilot was useful-- and the lack of credits needed to fix the frustration.
I'm not going to complain about not having missiles or enuff of as I see it educational to do combat without being too reliant on missiles.
Again, thank you, for the "enlightenment!" :D
Think I'll go play some more before the wife gets home. :lol:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 23:32

It's always worth checking links in players sigs.
You never know what goodies you'll find. :D

Aldrin,when you do the Expansion mission,will be connected to the main universe via Neptune and a few other sectors en route.

X gates are usually gates that have been disconnected or destroyed in previous games , or in x-lore , for one reason or another.

Check the FAQ for Plot infos,but I have been doing USC Commander this time. To get credits for upgrades, look for generic missions like taxi runs etc.
Also,when you have found at least one Terran Shipyard, try the "supply me a ship" type missions.Rapiers and suchlike are fast enough for most of these.(at least in my game,they are.)
But if not in yours, then you could just place a Rapier and or Sabre in each Terran sector just for these missions.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 23:45

mikeodelld wrote:... Also, is there a plot difference between Terran Defender and USC Commander besides flying different types of ships?...
Not really. You just have different starting conditions. Things like your starting ship(s), how many credits you start with, how much the various races and factions like/hate you. Stuff like that is different for each start. But in all but a couple of cases, every one of the plots are open to you. Custom start has only the Treasure Hunt plot and is really meant for modders to use to create new stuff; it's not advisable to play this one because you don't get all the goodies that the various plots provide. And the Aldrin Adventurer starts with the Terran Plot considered complete (since you're already in Aldrin, so it doesn't need to be 'discovered').

Also, if you check the last part of the manual, you'll see a bunch more game starts. These are unlocked by various gameplay triggers, and if you decide to restart at some time, some of these unlockable starts can be a bit challenging. Enjoy. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

mikeodelld
x3tc

Post by mikeodelld » Sat, 30. Jul 11, 01:11

Thank you again, TTD, for the information. Expansion mission for Aldrin connection...go figure! :lol: As it is, in the USC Commander game I'm already at the Mars Shpyard with the newly accuired Rapier. Knowing that I really don't need it, unlike the last time when I coulda kept my sabre, I can use the credits to upgrade my scimitar; although I still love the Vidar. Speaking of they should more missile compatibilities to the Vidar. Tried the wraith on a Xenon Osprey...Wow! Now I wanna see what the phantom missile can do. By the way what's recommended to destroy stations like Pirate Bases?

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 30. Jul 11, 08:11

Also, if you check the last part of the manual, you'll see a bunch more game starts.
I have the original manual.

Either my eyes have not opened yet, or you have a different manual.

What page number should I look at ?

However, I know there is a list on the forums somewhere.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Sat, 30. Jul 11, 08:27

Phantom missiles are compatible only with the Terran Claymore, it's the Terran equivalent of the Commonwealth's Tomahawk Heavy Missile used in their bombers. It's quite suitable for taking down stations and capital ships, if you are so inclined. Terran missile selection is pretty limited compared to the Commonwealth's, that's why it appears as if the Vidar has too few compatibilities. They have 6 missile types in total, 3 generic ones used by everything from fighters up to capitals, two meant for missile frigates, and one for their bomber.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”