Tractor Beam....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Prexxus
x3tc

Tractor Beam....

Post by Prexxus » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 04:28

Where the hell do I find one?! I'm quite a few in game days in now and my encyclopedia says I've never seen one yet...

Pleeeease don't tell me this is the work of GOD! The factory is 14 million just to start producing these things and if I'm correct they can't be sold... that's one hell of a expensive tractor beam...

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 04:58

Two factories in Third Redemption. If GoD has been X2 sagt Bussi auf Bauch enough to remove both, then... Yeah, it's ~14-15 mil for a fab of your own.

As for selling them, no EQ docks for outposts stock them, but of course they'll buy infinite numbers of them a few at a time. There's a few automated tricks people have come up with for selling infinite loops to EQ docks for this kind of ware if you browse the guides.

Profitability is roughly the same as any other average military hardware sold this way, if you decide to go that route. Personally, I just dont bother.

Prexxus
x3tc

Post by Prexxus » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 05:02

Vim Razz wrote:Two factories in Third Redemption. If GoD has been X2 sagt Bussi auf Bauch enough to remove both, then... Yeah, it's ~14-15 mil for a fab of your own.

As for selling them, no EQ docks for outposts stock them, but of course they'll buy infinite numbers of them a few at a time. There's a few automated tricks people have come up with for selling infinite loops to EQ docks for this kind of ware if you browse the guides.

Profitability is roughly the same as any other average military hardware sold this way, if you decide to go that route. Personally, I just dont bother.
Thank you! Tractor beams acquired! I bought them all just incase :P

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 05:26

All might be a bit of an overkill. Then again, if you have your own EQ dock you could put a couple there, set the price up to about 3/4 max and see if any NPC is buying.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 20:54

Vim Razz wrote:Two factories in Third Redemption. If GoD has been X2 sagt Bussi auf Bauch enough to remove both, then... Yeah, it's ~14-15 mil for a fab of your own....
As of patch 3.0 or 3.1, GoD no longer removes those factories. In fact, they'll respawn if destroyed.
ancienthighway wrote:All might be a bit of an overkill. Then again, if you have your own EQ dock you could put a couple there, set the price up to about 3/4 max and see if any NPC is buying.
The NPC's will never buy them because there's no place they can sell them. It's why the TB factories in Third Redemption are always full, and why GoD used to remove them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 00:10

Nanook wrote:
Vim Razz wrote:Two factories in Third Redemption. If GoD has been X2 sagt Bussi auf Bauch enough to remove both, then... Yeah, it's ~14-15 mil for a fab of your own....
As of patch 3.0 or 3.1, GoD no longer removes those factories. In fact, they'll respawn if destroyed.
ancienthighway wrote:All might be a bit of an overkill. Then again, if you have your own EQ dock you could put a couple there, set the price up to about 3/4 max and see if any NPC is buying.
The NPC's will never buy them because there's no place they can sell them. It's why the TB factories in Third Redemption are always full, and why GoD used to remove them.
I just checked. My tractor beam factories still aren't respawned in Third Redemption... good thing I bought one before they despawned. (Steam 3.1)

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 00:21

Nagittchi wrote: I just checked. My tractor beam factories still aren't respawned in Third Redemption... good thing I bought one before they despawned. (Steam 3.1)
Could have been destroyed by hostiles maybe...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 00:55

Nagittchi wrote:...
I just checked. My tractor beam factories still aren't respawned in Third Redemption... good thing I bought one before they despawned. (Steam 3.1)
I doubt that they 'despawned', unless you mean with the help of the Argon, pirates or Kha'ak. :wink: And it can take a gameday or two, at least, before they come back.

It took more than three days for the space fuel distillery I destroyed in Nyana's Hideout to come back, for example. And I was watching because I wanted to nab the TL deploying it. Got busy elsewhere and missed it, unfortunately. Guess I'll have to try again. It's hard work trying to corner a market. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”