How to install a lasertower??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sheps

How to install a lasertower??

Post by Sheps » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 00:38

EDIT:

How do you install a lasertower. Dear god I can not find anywhere to tell me how to do this.

I've got one in my freighter, just need to known how to put it down.
Last edited by Sheps on Fri, 29. Jul 11, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

Targ Collective
x4

Post by Targ Collective » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 00:45

Pardon me, but... why? Marines are useless except for boarding, and M7Ms would be the ones to look at for that.

That said, you can either buy the extension with a smaller ship, drop it and space and transport it to your M7, or use a Transporter Device to do the job.
Learn to use stickies. Look here for mods for X3TC and here for guides across everything since X2. If you haven't read the Forum Rules do so before we beat you with sticks. Above all have fun.

Sheps

Post by Sheps » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 01:28

For safekeeping. I've invested a lot of money into them and want to move them around. My Cerberus is my most well armed and well shielded vessel. Once I can get some armor for my Express It'll be my main boarding vessel, but until then they're simply there for safekeeping.

Thanks any way, I ended up putting it on my transporter and did a freight exchange.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 01:31

If you want to keep your marines safe just keep a TP docked at station in a heavy populated sector like argon prime. it should be very safe there.
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Sheps

Post by Sheps » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 13:50

Hey I didn't want to take up another thread so I thought I'd drop this quick question here.

I have a laser tower factory and have put a couple on my freighter, how do I go about installing the laser?

Turiko

Post by Turiko » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 14:06

Sheps wrote:Hey I didn't want to take up another thread so I thought I'd drop this quick question here.

I have a laser tower factory and have put a couple on my freighter, how do I go about installing the laser?
Just eject them, they'll start aligning and blasting any hostiles around :P

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 14:06

You bung 'em out the cargo bay doors.

Sheps

Post by Sheps » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 14:13

Lol really? So I just eject them? Wow, okay. Hah thanks! :D I guess that if I purrchase a Mammoth and put a factory in it, I install a station by ejecting it also?

Anyway I really appreciate it, thanks a ton.

Fulgrymm
x4

Post by Fulgrymm » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 14:49

For a station, you get a build option instead of ejecting, and you use the Numpad keys to move and rotate the station into the position you want before building it. This does not apply to mines as they can only be place on asteroids, so in those cases you merely pick the asteroid you want the mine to be built upon.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 21:20

Sheps wrote:Hey I didn't want to take up another thread so I thought I'd drop this quick question here....
That's fine, but editing the first post and the thread title like you did makes the answers to your first question confusing. Next time, you might just want to edit and add the new question while leaving the old one there, or simply make a new thread, since the two questions are totally unrelated. Now anyone viewing this thread is going to go 'WTF??' when they read the first few replies. Very confusing. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 21:42

Nanook wrote:
Sheps wrote:Hey I didn't want to take up another thread so I thought I'd drop this quick question here....
That's fine, but editing the first post and the thread title like you did makes the answers to your first question confusing. Next time, you might just want to edit and add the new question while leaving the old one there, or simply make a new thread, since the two questions are totally unrelated. Now anyone viewing this thread is going to go 'WTF??' when they read the first few replies. Very confusing. :P
LOL no kidding. it didnt take me long to figure out what happened tho :D

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 22:21

I'm glad that's cleared up, thought the subjext was about laser towers and eveybody is talking about marines.

@Sheps - Just to clarify, Laser Tower are for stationary defence, not for installing on ships etc. Just drop them and give them orders to protect your stations etc.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”