Getting to Kha'ak sectors in X3R. How?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Defaid

Getting to Kha'ak sectors in X3R. How?

Post by Defaid » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 16:36

Hi all.

I've been dallying with an open, non-plot X3 game for a year or so and my frustrated curiosity has finally got the better of me...

Scorp's map shows seven sectors with no gates, five Kha'ak and two Argon. They don't appear on the in-game universe map, though that's presumably only because I've never been there. Is it possible to get to them, or is there some secret to which I'm not party (such as they only exist if I'm following the plot)?

(I may not respond to a reply for a few days- my internet connection comes courtesy of my employer, during tea-breaks).

Cheers
D

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 17:23

You need to buy the co-ordinates via a BBS offer.

iirc, the offer shows up after you hit a high combat rank.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 19:55

As for the two Argon sectors, I think they're used for cutscenes during the plot--you don't visit them apart from that.

Defaid

Post by Defaid » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:40

Oooooohhhhhh noooooooo...

Mougl in trade and battlemaster in killing things, just got enough rep to buy an Argon M1 but am holding out for a Raptor (better hangar)... I had a feeling I'd seen something like that months & months ago but just ignored it, rather like the 'Would you like to know about all the gates/stations...' that regularly crop up.

Pleeeaaase tell me the offer will come around again. It's like one of those magic boxes you get as a birthday present from sadistic relatives- knowing you ought to be able to get in to find out what's rattling around inside, but not being able to work it out.

Cheers,
D

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:50

It should show up fairly often (even after you've actually bought them, iirc).

It might be restricted to certain stations though.

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:58

On the basis that most people who ask this question invariably post a second
shortly thereafter enquiring as to the purpose of these sectors, allow me to
point you here.

Enjoy :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”