TC - Bala Gi Legacy (PHQ) and my Yaki friendship. Compatible?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

deca.death
x3tc

TC - Bala Gi Legacy (PHQ) and my Yaki friendship. Compatible?

Post by deca.death » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 21:46

I'm just beginning my last plot in this game, and I glanced at walkthrough (standard procedure for TC peculiar and challenging plot system, thank you) there seem to be good deal of yaki slaughtering throughout the plot.

Now, I have local traders, stations, complexes and ships in yaki territory and what's worse, consider them friends. Is that major problem or what? My rep is highest possible I believe.

And if I'm not mistaken, somebody mentioned opportunity to get some unique ships to bail there, right? Ant was there similar opportunity in getting some very unique pirate blueprints, was it in this plot? Hints and info would be appreciated.

Zypherg
x4

Post by Zypherg » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 22:30

Spoiler
Show
if your rep with the yaki is maxed you won't have any problems just be selective of what you kill, the susanova proto cap and a few fighter kills won't hurt much just let the npc M7s kill the secret base.
Split say:"you fly with too little speed, or too much weed"

jjimlad
x3tc

Post by jjimlad » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 22:32

d.d, i was in a similar situation as yourself...bundles of fabs and high standing with yaki...

I had a little rep loss from the unique caps (2-3 of them) but otherwise nothing significant, so long as you are careful and not too gung-ho.

I didnt track the rep loss from the mission, but the supporting ships will take most of the aggro and the military complex for you, once you have cleared mines (run them over, dont "attack" them).

a few have posted before that the supporting ships wont take out the military base for you...mine did, but I was quite prepared to tommahawk it from the north gate and change back into the HVP for the zero rep loss kill.

Blueprints reference is from BoP i think, different mission chain & they are ATF blueprints.

JJ

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 00:02

Thnx guys, I mostly figured out things myself anyway. In first mission I killed 20 of yaki fighters purely by ramming : ) not such an easy task in hyperion I can tell you that : )

On second mission I somehow missed susanova prototype but I don't care really, susanowa is somewhat mediocre fighter with very tiny cargo hold, on the other hand I got enhanced elite (I don't care for that one either) but most importantly I got advanced mamba, most sexiest pack of 265 m/s death in this game, probably best fighter you can get, if we exclude terran ships like fenrir (which cannot mount PBG anyway ; ) and I'm very VERY happy because of that. One to RE, one under wing of my hyperion. I even considered grinding strongarms plotline for this ship, now I got it practically for free. Too bad you cannot get it in game beginning, that would be... almost too good. Here is compared to my previous personal fighter, Mamba Vanguard. Looks awesome, doesn't it? ; )

[ external image ]

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 00:14

I dont think you even had to ram the Yaki fighters.

I think the mission spawned Yaki are a different faction from the actual Yaki. You know, like how the early Terran spawns in the BoP plot do not affect your Terran reputation.

I shot down every single Yaki that was red to me and their Yaki friends didn't aggro me once, most likely because they were jealous that they were part of a splinter Yaki group that owned the Enhanced/Advanced ships.

As for the ships, all I saw was the Enhanced Mercury.. which I really didn't care for.

Even if I saw the Advanced Mamba, I probably wouldn't care for that either. Currently 17 Fenrirs produced so far ;)

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Take Yaki missions before you start killing them !

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 07:23

You will lose Yaki rep if you killed them all and blew the station station. So the ramming and such was the right thing to do. If there is a local force in the sector, you could even damage them down to 10% hull and leave them for the locals to finish. They are pirates, after all.

Before you start those missions, the smart thing to do is to take a few Yaki missions that take a long time. The best is a 1 or 2 hour Build Station mission. When you finish those Yaki missions, you complete the missions that you already initiated, and your rep is at least high enough to get more missions. Otherwise, you probably won't get any missions offered, and you have to hunt those Yaki offering Attack Convoys missions.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 08:44

You don't have to kill anything Yaki for the HQ plot. I think I only capped that suzanova prototype and let the argon/boron/whatever forces finish the outpost.
I might have killed several fighters but not sure about it.
Mines don't seem to bring your reputation down but it was the trickiest part because you have to set Yaki to enemy for a capital ship and I had quite a few yaki stations mixed with mines in that area :) I had to enable a single turret and watch closely whether it is going to attack a mine or a nearby factory.
I think the Orca with HQ is actually a race-less ship.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 09:08

kurush wrote: Mines don't seem to bring your reputation down but it was the trickiest part because you have to set Yaki to enemy for a capital ship and I had quite a few yaki stations mixed with mines in that area :)

You don't really. All I did is brought up the Tyr and follow arrow markers >>> from one mine to other with SETA, never saw mines really, just the explosions : )

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Orca is Yaki controlled.

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 09:34

You can't avoid capping the Orca. It is controlled by the Yaki. And that is where you take the biggest rep hit, if you have avoided it with the other situations.

I noticed that capping a pirate ship counts the same as killing it, in its effect on pirate rep. That is not true of the major races, where capping a ship counts at most a third as much as killing it.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

deca.death
x3tc

Re: Orca is Yaki controlled.

Post by deca.death » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 09:44

Bill Huntington wrote:You can't avoid capping the Orca. It is controlled by the Yaki. And that is where you take the biggest rep hit, if you have avoided it with the other situations.
I just hope my very high yaki rep could bare the hit. If they turn red, I will take several building missions prior to boarding as advised. If they go red it would be no merry times for my fabs and ships in weawers... ; )

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 09:59

jjimlad wrote:.
Blueprints reference is from BoP i think, different mission chain & they are ATF blueprints.
ATF blueprints, from capped fighters? No, no, I believe I heard about certain pirate base in some plot (hopefully this one) where you can buy large number of otherwise unavailable pirate blueprints.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 10:32

deca.death wrote:
jjimlad wrote:.
ATF blueprints, from capped fighters? No, no, I believe I heard about certain pirate base in some plot (hopefully this one) where you can buy large number of otherwise unavailable pirate blueprints.
Well, of course the blueprint reference applies to BoP plot as well, but once you got the PHQ you will be able to buy blueprints from stations. Whether these are unique or not I can't tell, IIRC they are not. They will just be blueprints of ships you could capture or board as well...
Maybe that information was mixed up with the fact that there are those unique ships that you can capture from the Yaki?

best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”