Red lasertower too fast on the draw for my tomahawks

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VELLA
x3tc

Red lasertower too fast on the draw for my tomahawks

Post by VELLA » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 11:58

Ok so I hacked the IBL forge in LooManckStrats but I had the problem of the two red lasertowers by the Anarcy Port attacking my ships if I sent them to the IBL forge. The only way around this was to manually order the ship to jump to the Spaceweed Grove gate and fly to the IBL forge from there, thus staying out of range of the LTs. I tried hacking the Anarchy Port but the LTs remain hostile.

I then tried the fire tomahawk and jump method of taking out the LTs without turning the Pirate stations hostile to me again. I made sure that the LT I was targeting was facing the exact opposite direction to my position when I released the missile, yet the LT still has enough time to turn and shoot the missile down. I am pretty sure I heard people use tomahawks for this, but they are too slow for the LTs in my game. Maybe the turning rate of LTs has beeen increased in later patches, or prehaps this only works with hammer torpedos which have a faster speed (but lower yield) than tomahawks.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 12:05

Fire several barages. If they don't penetrate, next time just use more.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 13:04

If you cant do it, dont bother with the LMS lasertowers.

I send my ships there all the time and those lasertowers barely scratch them by the time they land in the IBL forge.

Besides, if you attack those lasertowers, only the Anarchy Port turns hostile again, since its owned by that port. Just dont accidentally shoot the other ports.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 14:08

Use swarm missiles against anything that'll shoot them. Torpedoes are more useful for attacking stations.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 16:32

Yeah, a barrage of Flails should turn the trick. Then again, you might also not be launching the Tomahawk's far enough away.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 16:41

If you hack the Anarchy Port BEFORE entering the sector, and be in good terms with the pirate when you enter the sector, the LT will not be red.
That said, with the fire-and-jump trick, Flail or Typhoon should take the LT down without angering the Anarchy port .

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 17:12

bare in mind what your trying to take down is a combined 225k (hull and sheilds) so the hammer heavy is the best for the job packing 300K of destruction at a speed of 253

the other option ive done is the buluga (i get loads of these things dropped im my game. they pack 100k but you could sit back about 85k from the target and launch 5-6 of them and jump out with loads of time to spare. the added bonus to me is that i picked them up for jack all

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:33

Use the asteroids for cover and creep in close to the Lasertower then duck out and get behind it. You'll have plenty of time before it can turn to administer an atomic enema.

Eternall_00
x3tc

Post by Eternall_00 » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 04:18

Easiest way to keep a lasertower from shooting down missiles is to have a ship parked 6km away from the tower, just out of firing range of the lasers. It will stay focused on the ship and you can nuke it with impunity.

This works well with the post launch jump exploit to keep the station friendly.

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 09:02

The easiest way to kill lasertowers is to do it out of system, they suck in OSS combat. :)

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 16:14

My strategy for hostile lasertowesr is much less elegant... I simply ram them with my M6 and then do nearby missions until I get one o return their former station back to friendly. It doesn't take too long, and your making kit for the missions anyway. hostile stations in the LMS area are the easiest for this, as there aer so many other pirate stations nearby.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 16:25

Interestingly, while they have beam weapons, the capital killing capability ofr Lasertowers is easy to over estimate. Simply ramming it with something like a Tiger is more than enough to completely annihilate it.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”