X2's XI mission.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mightysword
x3tc

X2's XI mission.

Post by Mightysword » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:19

When it first came out I played X2 as mostly a trading/building game so I think I didn't do any XI in X2 (did a lot in X3). Recently I came back and play X2 again as a combat game, and last night I had my first and the payout is ... weird?

After buying and fully kit out a Titan, I'm left with about 500,000 credits. I went to Thyn's Abyss and take the mission. It played out normal enough, at the ended I killed 84 ships including one capital ship, and the mission payout is around 1.4 mil. And I thought to myself "well ... that was underwelming" since an assassin mission would net me about 2.5 mil at my rank (Ace 1st Grade). Not to mentioned I pissed off the local due to miss fire (went from 90% Honoured Friend to 60% Family Friend) :x

Then I decided to save and go to bed, and almost pass out at my save tag since it showed around 48 mil. And my thought process went like this:

:sceptic: --> :gruebel: --> :o

I have the police lisense, but even if all the ship I destroyed was M3 and net me 5000 a pop (which mostly wasn't the case), that still would be only about 500k on top of 1.4 mil payout. So where all the credit came from?

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:28

Last time I played X2, those XI missions were definitely broken when it came to payout. Always has been ludicrous. Your rank IIRC is pretty high, high enough for a J to hop in and spawn fighters at you? If you don't bother killing it for awhile, and farm fighters, you can make a killing*

*bu-dum tish

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:40

Yeah that's what I did, that's how I ended up with 84 ships in the bag. I did a lot of XI mission in X3, IIRC though this rank and amount usually net around 24-26mil in X3 so 48mil came as a suprise. But the weirdest part is the mission payout only listed 1.4 mil reward. I swore I went back and check the number (counting the digit even) to make sure I didn't misread. :?

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 18:54

Yeah X2 XI missions are still bugged then presumably

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”