Plasma Beam Cannon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ConCorDian
x3tc

Plasma Beam Cannon

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 13:29

does anybody know how on earth to get a hold of these? i know the cerberus can equip them on the side turrets and ive even seen an argon military ship fire them, i really dont wanna be going capping argon ships (i am rank 9 just now) but i need to work it upto rank 10 for OFF.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 13:35

http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... &version=9

No movable ships are equipped with PBCs in vanilla, as far as i know.

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 13:35

just found a link on this weapon link

It seems they can't be bought but maybe found somewhere in a crate.
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 15:59

If you've seen a ship using them, you must be playing with an early patch.
The beam wepaons of the commonwealth (there are three) don't show up in the game like a normal weapon and you can only find two samples of the Split PALC during OFF
Spoiler
Show
It's when you jump into Khaak sector 841 at the beginning of OFF that you encounter either a container with 3 HEPTs OR a container with 2 PALCs. The container gets chosen randomly, so better get a save before that particular mission. If you want to clone them later, follow the third link in my signature. It will lead you to a thread that enables you to overtune ships in vanilla as well as it will enable you to clone rare wares (maybe your Terran economy has gone down, there's the solution)
best regards,
Rhox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

ConCorDian
x3tc

Post by ConCorDian » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 18:35

Rhox wrote:If you've seen a ship using them, you must be playing with an early patch.
im upto date on my patches and i saw before that you cant buy them but an Argon Militray Cerberus fired two of them from its left turret in home of light against a pirate gladiator (only reason i properly noticed was cause i thought it was out of range and i was on a kill mission and the BA$7@#D got the last hit with them failing the mission for me. so its rekindled my interest in trying to get some. i have restarted that mission so ill try to keep coax the cerberus to fire them, if it does ill try to get a scan of the ship and post it if it does.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”