X3TC Goner plot help.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gackomas
x3tc

X3TC Goner plot help.

Post by Gackomas » Thu, 4. Aug 11, 17:19

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

So i've been playing the Goner plot and i've hit a snag. I'm at the point where
Spoiler
Show
I have to destroy the pirate base but get told I can't untill I get the Terran agent out
So I understand what I have to do. But when ever I jump in to the sector, I get attacked by loads and loads of Pirates and when I attack any of them back both of the bases turn red. And even in a Titan with weapons in ever slot I can't kill them all with out getting destroyed.

So my question is: Is there anything I can do to make it so all the pirates are not red or so they are not there. Or should I enter the sector in a smaller ship and just run past them all with out hitting them?

Thanks in advance.

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Thu, 4. Aug 11, 17:45

I finished this the other night so should be able to help.

Were they all red on the way in initially? - if yes you may need to reload from earlier and raise your pirate rep before doing the previous mission(s), but I'm impressed you managed to make it in (which makes me suspect you went in hard and heavy in that case).

If not they have probably been turned red by you shooting something on the way in (even with a good rep I still had a couple of red wings attack me before I got to the station) but I had no reds when I went back with the delivery (see below)

It may be the size of ship you are jumping in with. I delivered the weed/mines in a TM.
Last edited by 5150 on Thu, 4. Aug 11, 18:06, edited 2 times in total.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 4. Aug 11, 17:55

You can always try using a fast ship to avoid the pirates. Did you provide the pirate base with the required resources?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 4. Aug 11, 21:26

Those pirates aren't plot-related, so what you can do is jump in, kill a few quickly, jump out before you die, rinse and repeat. They won't respawn before you can eventually kill them all, and if they do, chances are they'll respawn in a distant pirate sector. In short, whittle them down bit by bit, and you should be clear to finish the mission.

I'd suggest putting FLAK on your Titan everywhere you can and wiping out the fighters first. When they're gone, use capital weapons to kill off any big ships. Missiles always go over big, too. In fact, if you have an M7M loaded with flails and hammers, that may be a better choice than the Titan. Anyway, good luck. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Gackomas
x3tc

Post by Gackomas » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 11:58

Thanks for your replys everyone I managed to get into the sector with out getting killed and docked at the blue pirate base. Did this in a faster smaller ship an m6 vidar I think. Now I just need to wait for the station hack mission to turn the red base blue.

So close to finnishing however I'm unsure of where to buy the mines..... but ill figure that out later. Now I need to start working on the hub plot....... that's gonna take some time.

niadh
x3tc

Pirate Base destruction

Post by niadh » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 12:27

There should be 2 Pirate Bases in that sector.
A normal Pirate Base and the Syndicate Pirate Base.
Obviously you don't have to worry about the normal Pirate Base but it should not matter if the Syndicate Pirate Base is red.
If I remember correctly you have to comm it and speak to the dock manager (not the docking request option 1).
He is the agent you are after and will let you dock if you have any of the goods you need to deliver.

Gackomas
x3tc

Post by Gackomas » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 14:00

Hmmm I tried that and he said that I could not dock even with the stuff I was meant to be delivering? Maybe I forgot it lol ill double check when I play later.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Pirate Base destruction

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 14:14

niadh wrote:He is the agent you are after and will let you dock if you have any of the goods you need to deliver.
Correction: he'll let you dock if you have /all/ of the goods he's after: if you try it without at least the correct number of goods, he'll tell you to get lost
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 14:56

Delivering the spaceweed turns it blue

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Goner plot

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 17:46

Gackomas, congrats to getting that far! You have already done the most frustrating part. But the last part (yes, you are on the last one !) can be very frustrating too. Don't bother to hack that station. As the previous post said, they will let you dock if you have the goods. The hack offer for that one is rare. I have only gotten it very early in the plot, and it made no difference.

You can solve a lot of it by bringing the 35 Spaceweed and 60 SQUASH mines in the same trip. Many pilots have trouble if they make it in two trips.

The Unfocused Jumpdrive and letting the Goner Temple be built make this plot very worthwhile.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Gackomas
x3tc

Post by Gackomas » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 02:25

Finally finished! Turns out I can't read and had space fuel not space weed...... but once I relised I was being a noob I got my weed and my mines and commed the station and they let me dock (even through I was under attack by loads of things with about 10 missiles incomming:P)

Thanks everyone for your help. Now on to the hub.... dam 450,000 ore and 150,000 Teladianium. This is gonna be a long one :D

sndle9
x4

Post by sndle9 » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 08:24

Gackomas wrote:dam 450,000 ore and 150,000 Teladianium. This is gonna be a long one :D
Not wanting to include spoilers so I'll just say "And thats just the first request..."

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 17:01

There is a mod out there that reduces the amount of stuff you need. Which I use because the amount of stuff you need to get that thing fully online is insane.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=229313

Granded I'm still masochistic enough to use the hard version which chops the amount you need by only 90%. It still takes ages though, and still means you have to build huge complexes to service it. My heart goes out to anyone that did it vanilla.
<--- Stings like a butterfly. Flies like a brick.

See My X videos here http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=24E544BDA13A0125

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 17:06

Teladianium sells very well in Paranid and Boron sectors, so building a few L complexes will help with income after this part.

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 17:16

One thing you can do as well is "Home" your UTs to the hub to keep it supplied with cash, and then Max out the buying price of the material you need right now. That way NPC traders will help by selling the material you need to the hub, filling it up.
<--- Stings like a butterfly. Flies like a brick.

See My X videos here http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=24E544BDA13A0125

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”