IBL Supply

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

IBL Supply

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 01:36

I'm getting to the point in the game where I am making enough money to outfit a larger ship.

I have enough money to buy myself a Boreas and I really want to outfit it with the IBL's which are awesome!

I have already hacked the IBL forge in LooManckStrat's Legacy, but its producing way too slow.

I have designed a complex to make the stuff it needs.

What I want to know is what is the best vanilla command to use to supply the factory with and also what is the best way to ensure the freighter that is supplying the IBL forge and the complex don't get busted up.
I hate the hub plot!

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 02:08

depends on your race ranks, how much do the pirates like you and do you use SETA a lot
for myself i built a smaller complex of a
wheat farm M, ore Mine L and a SPP in
wevers tempest
one CAG to buy crystals one sector trader to move stuff around and two CLS one at each IBL forge to buy the IBLs
raises yaki race rank and no one else will buy them so you can get them at lowest price
But truth be told Boreas don't need IBLs
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 02:14

IBL are indeed nice, but the Boreas is able to use PPC. I believe all m2 class ships can. Wouldn't it be easier to use PPC?
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 08:00

Pretty sure the IBL is a much more powerful weapon.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll switch to using PPC.
I hate the hub plot!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 08:03

You're wrong--PPC, GC, IBL and IC are all in the same ballpark where it comes to power. IBL is, in fact, slightly weaker than the others IIRC, which is kind of what you'd expect from a weapon cobbled together by pirates because the military won't sell them the good stuff! :P

What makes you think IBLs are a particularly strong weapon, out of interest?

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 08:19

Picked it up from here I thought, maybe I read wrong.

Well if PPC are stonger that makes my options considerably better. Time to set me up a weapons fab making FAA's and PPC's instead then.

Edit:
Actually just checked the in game stats for the weapons

PPC
Hull damage 8.2K
Shield damage 46.5K
rounds/min 43

IBL
Hull damage 8.1K
Shield damage 46.2K
rounds/min 54

According to those the IBL's are considerably more powerful when you factor in the number of shots they can fire in a minute.
I hate the hub plot!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 08:43

The only reason you would want IBLs on your Boreas that I can see is to fit them on the top and bottom turrets, which are unable to fit PPCs. In every significant stat there is, PPCs edge out IBLs (dps, shot speed, range). But I like to reserve the top and bottom turrets for FAA guns anyways, for fighter and missile defense. The numbers for hull damage and shield damage quoted above me are dps, which takes into account the number of shots fired per minute in its calculation.

Save the IBLs for M7 ships which otherwise would not be able to have any good anti-capital ship weapons.

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 08:48

Except for the fact that each IB: can fire an extra 11 shots/min over the ppc.

Thats makes the difference between a total of shield damage from the PPC per min to 2494800 for the IBL. So rounds/min makes it do an extra 20% damage over the PPC.
I hate the hub plot!

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:24

The damage should be listed at damage per second for the weapon. Or was it per minute. Either way it's NOT damage per shot. IBL do some burning damage over time when they hit a target and set it on fire, but I can't give you any numbers for that.

I believe PPC are slightly more energy efficient but that shouldn't be a problem for a M2, but it's still a difference. One thing that should make a difference is that gauss cannons are superb vs hull compared to other capital class ships and Ion cannons are drastically more powerful vs shields. PPC and IBL are more well rounded weapons in general, but Ion/gauss combos may work better.
Last edited by garv222 on Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:26

Unfortunately, those stats are *DPS*. And that's if ALL the shots hit.

Meaning, no. Use PPCs. Each hit of a PPC, since it has a lower fire rate, packs more of a punch than an IBL.

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:28

Nagittchi wrote:Unfortunately, those stats are *DPS*. And that's if ALL the shots hit.

Meaning, no. Use PPCs. Each hit of a PPC, since it has a lower fire rate, packs more of a punch than an IBL.
The stats MUST be damage per shot, look for example at the mass driver which has a damage of 185 Hull. No way is that the damage per second but rather the damage per shot as they can take of an M3 in a few seconds.
I hate the hub plot!

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:31

McKenna-x2source wrote:
Nagittchi wrote:Unfortunately, those stats are *DPS*. And that's if ALL the shots hit.

The stats MUST be damage per shot, look for example at the mass driver which has a damage of 185 Hull. No way is that the damage per second but rather the damage per shot as they can take of an M3 in a few seconds.
I do believe it's been confirmed that it's DPS.

If it weren't, my phased repeater guns would have decimated anything in sight.

Edit: Oh the best example I can give you. Check the damage of the PSP. It reads shield damage 25k. That makes it inferior to ANY cap weapon if it were per shot. However, if you use it yourself... you can see that if it hits, each shot really.. really hurts.
Last edited by Nagittchi on Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:32

How bizarre, well fair enough, PPC forge complex it is instead!!
I hate the hub plot!

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:43

To clear this little confusion: You've heard IBL are on high demand not because of their power (essentially IBL is slightly nerfed PPC) but because that they are only capital weapon class that can fit on M7 class (one exception - tresher). If you want to fly ship like tiger, panther or shrike (and you should!) IBL will be extremely valuable to you, as is for most.

Now, boreas should not mount IBL, some other ships (all other ships that is) cannot mount PPC in back (boreas can) so they could mount IBL on back instead (you don't have to if you have boreas).

Your complex is far too big for what you need, one ship set with cls 2 could do whole trick by itself, production rate of IBL forge is low, so is demand for resources. BTW You only need primary resources to produce stuff, secondary are not needed.

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 09:46

Yeah, already have the IBL's on my Tiger.

New complex for the PPC's
I hate the hub plot!

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 10:02

If you don't mind, this would be better solution:

http://tinyurl.com/3e9h6kg

Ecells you buy, they are cheap and initial investment is 4 times smaller. Just assign one CAG to plex.
65 mil vs 222(!!) million
5 fabs of PPC should be enough, you can add 2 fabs of FAA in mix (one S food+raw fab, bigger yield roid)

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 10:39

I have tried doing something similar although with a larger complex, ie not using SPP's and using CAGs to get e-cells but thet complex spends more than half the time flashing due to lack of resources.
I hate the hub plot!

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 10:49

Well it depends on distance of NPC SPPs even level of your pilot I think. I have missileplex of 10 fabs in queen's retribution, no ecell supply, two freighters, TS+ variants tow in enough ecells. If one cannot cope just add another.

David Howland
x3tc

Self Sustain!

Post by David Howland » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 11:27

Yes, of course, importing Ecells or other basic resources can be cheaper and certainly enables more plants producing end products to operate in a sector.
BUT; all the inputs have to be carefully worked out and maintained.
Remember the region economy is dynamic; It just needs a war to start nearby, a powerfull NPC variation by goD, or enemies taking out supply ships and complex supply goes pear shaped.
No, if I ran the empire I have, with such variable inputs in all my complexes, it would be a nightmare. If anyone is planning to run many complexes, Self Sustaining Complexes is the way to go!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 11:27

Well thanks for the advice, however I still prefer having closed loops I can afford the initial expenditure and prefer the long term increase in profits.

Also ultimately requiring less trade ships to monitor and sometimes assist is useful.

In X2 pre complexes I rememeber the ridiculous number of ships it took to maintain the 100 or so factories I had, it was a bloody nightmare!
I hate the hub plot!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”