Which complesx calculator?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IcarusII
x3tc

Which complesx calculator?

Post by IcarusII » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 12:22

Hi folks,

Many thanks for all the help Ive been getting from the extremely patient community out there.

When I played X3-R over 2 years ago, I used the online complex calculator to [re-build and get an idea of costs and production issues I may face.

I note now that for TC, there are many others available in the stickied resources section under stations & complexes:

[X3T] Online complex calculator by em3e3 (13/1/2009)
[X3T] Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC by kayahr (22/3/2009)
[X3T] X3TC HQ Production Costs by Carlo the Curious (24/11/2009)
[X3T] X3 Complex Builder by assemblerbot (04/03/2010)
[X3T] Guide to Economics; Stations and how to manage them by Spychotic (26/07/2010)

Can I ask which you prefer and why?

Do these all do the same job or are they different in some way? I suspect Im primarily asking the difference between Xadrian, Online Calc and X3 Complex Builder.

Cheers me dears
IcarusII

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 12:51

All of them are fine. I prefer Xadrian because it tells you the nearest shipyard you can purchase the factory from, gives you auto-calc so it automatically tells you what additional factories you need for closed loop production, and how much the complex can store, produce in a hour.

Files saved right on to your PC as well.

I used to use Online Complex Calculator but one of my main problems were for complexes having many asteroids in them, I'd have to scroll down the list and see if I didnt use the asteroid yet.

For Xadrian, all yields are listed on the side so you can easily see which asteroid you've already used.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 13:13

I use both the Online Complex Calculator and Xadrian.

With the OCC, I'm able to get a better comparison of the cheapest complex. Xadrian is limited in that capacity as you have to dig around more to find what races have key factories. Also with OCC, I can use it to think beyond just complex requirements and expand it to sector requirements, especially for energy and minerals. The finding shipyard feature in Xadrian is nice.

In my current game, I'm using mobile mining exclusively so figuring out what asteroids have been used or not is not a problem. In a previous go around, I would include in the mine's name the yield of the asteroid it was built on to help determine what is still available for mine placement.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 13:49

Many use the various online calculators.

But my brain just switches off when it sees a mass of boxes and figures.

So I use Xadrian's Complex Calculator ,which has just been updated to include the Steam DLC sector at 450 suns. :)

It is not an online calc ,so you can use it even if you are not online or playing X3 TC.

It has a map and tells you what 'roids are in sector,if any.
Offers you variations of complexes , according to your input.
eg cheapest ,which races stations to include etc.
tells you how many CCKs you need and where to find the nearest Shipyard for you requirements.

Shows you complex output and needed resources.

There are many good things in it.
I have just highlighted what I use the most.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 16:10

Online is good enough, especially when you want to post /share /show what you have to others.

Xadrian is better, pretty handy and advanced in many features.

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 17:28

McKenna-x2source
x3tc

Post by McKenna-x2source » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 18:13

Wow, never knew about the Xadrian complex calc, just gave it a trial run with a random complex idea and bang automatically calc's everything you need and tells you where to buy it. NICE!!
I hate the hub plot!

EarlHarewood
x3tc

Post by EarlHarewood » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 18:28

lol yeh i just installed xadrians the other day, absolutely brilliant piece of software, except for one thing, all wares per hour calculations are rounded up/down, very minor problem but damn my OCD and needing to have the EXACT calculation >.<

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 18:29

ooh ! Another convert !

:D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”