Interesting Dilemma

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cyrusdm
x3tc

Interesting Dilemma

Post by cyrusdm » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 22:22

So I've come across a rather interesting situation. I've added the Improved Races mod (but don't worry this isn't a mod specific topic) and because of the mod and the settings I chose, the Khaak have taken over 6 sectors! This isn't necessarily a problem since I wanted a game that gave me clear objectives and enemies....the problem is one of the sectors they've claimed for there own is the Unknown Sector beside Zyarth's Dominion
Spoiler
Show
which also happens to be a terran plot line Sector.

So I need to get in the sector and stay alive/help the terran's take over the Split elephant, then I need to grab the escaped pilot. Thing is as soon as I jump in sector there's a swarm of khaak fighters and 3 khaak m1's. I managed to survive the opening onslaught the past attempt while flying my dragon (best ship i have atm) and eventually the terran do still capture the elephant with minimal help from me, but by this point the M1's are dead and have been replaced by at least 4 khaak M2's and a swarm of fighters that just love throwing Thorn missiles out at me. At one point I had no fewer than 40 thorns chasing me.

I attempted to avoid them all while doing a full speed grab of the pilot but missed by a hair and then was forced to attempt another run by but ended up getting blown to bits by the thorns (which i'm faster than but there's soooo many)

I'm wondering if this is a situation where I need to revert to a save previous my initiating the mod OR if i should keep trying......or maybe I could just hold off on the plot till I have a mega army? Though I figure I would need at least an M2 an M7 and a swarm of fighters....or perhaps an M2 and a very very missile happy M7M?

Thoughts? Either way I just wanted to share this difficult situation that just also happens to be a ton of fun.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 22:31

What you are experiencing is indeed a mod related issue. Your choices now are to revert to a pre-modded save and don't put the mod in, start over and don't put in the mod, or just come back with a task force that can clear the sector for you.

This type of mod is better suited for a game after the plots have been finished.

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 22:50

I recommend just trying again.

I am using the Phantom corp mod myself and it spawns the corps headquarters +sector defense in that same system. Luckily for me they had the split marked as targets with an immortal split TL getting constantly hit by M8 missiles until the M8s were empty. Still had to play a cat and mouse game with the M1 in the sector but finally the TL was captured and I could leave the sector.

I had a lot of problems with the race response mod and I recommend making full backups of your game folder before installing any mods, as the race response mod turned out to be very hard to remove.

navetta
x3ap

Post by navetta » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 22:59

lol just wait until you do the final fury plot with improved khaak enabled.

in the mission where you have to protect the military outpost in the khaak sector i had to face like 70 destroyers hundreds of corvettes and countless fighters. there were so many of them it was entirely impossible to complete that mission.

the solution is to disable improved khaak, do the plots and then enable it again.

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 23:14

navetta wrote:lol just wait until you do the final fury plot with improved khaak enabled.

in the mission where you have to protect the military outpost in the khaak sector i had to face like 70 destroyers hundreds of corvettes and countless fighters. there were so many of them it was entirely impossible to complete that mission.

the solution is to disable improved khaak, do the plots and then enable it again.
I presume impossible both for trying to fight in a slide show and to even keep the outpost alive. lol

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 23:55

If you had posted this in the Improved Races MOD Thread, they would tell you that you can turn IR on and off at any point in the game, killing ALL the Khaak everywhere.. Just go into your Artificial Life settings and turn off the Khaak.

If your worried about their well-being.. Dont be, they well get the territories back VERY quickly ;)

GrahamSimmons
x4

Post by GrahamSimmons » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 00:41

Pirate hater wrote:
navetta wrote:lol just wait until you do the final fury plot with improved khaak enabled.

I presume impossible both for trying to fight in a slide show and to even keep the outpost alive. lol
I tested it and the alpha damage is unbelievably too high for an Osaka set to "God Mode" before jumping in to survive. The amount of Gamma Kyon hitting your ship is enough to overload your shields and melt your hull before the script's cycle of "check current hull/shield -> reset both to 100%" is able to complete - in other words, over 12Gj of damage I believe 100 times a second.

Of course I was only getting 10fps at the time, and that's with an overclocked i5 and a GTX560Ti (And 8GB RAM, though I don't know how much of a difference RAM makes to X3TC).

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 02:35

GrahamSimmons wrote:I tested it and the alpha damage is unbelievably too high for an Osaka set to "God Mode" before jumping in to survive. The amount of Gamma Kyon hitting your ship is enough to overload your shields and melt your hull before the script's cycle of "check current hull/shield -> reset both to 100%" is able to complete - in other words, over 12Gj of damage I believe 100 times a second.
WE CAN TAKE IT! :x3:
<--- Stings like a butterfly. Flies like a brick.

See My X videos here http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=24E544BDA13A0125

cyrusdm
x3tc

Post by cyrusdm » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 04:42

Jawms wrote:If you had posted this in the Improved Races MOD Thread, they would tell you that you can turn IR on and off at any point in the game, killing ALL the Khaak everywhere.. Just go into your Artificial Life settings and turn off the Khaak.

If your worried about their well-being.. Dont be, they well get the territories back VERY quickly ;)

Ah yes I know I could of posted inside the mod thread for ways to fix it...but I didn't necessarily want to take the easy way out. Mainly I was looking for good suggestions on how I could beat it or what kind of fire power I should get to best handle those kind of forces.

In the end I decided to adjust the khaak a little because I don't want them to over power all....I'd like it to be pretty balanced while still being a galactic battlegrounds.

After about 10 reloads I managed to complete the mission since with the new settings the khaak warp ins had significantly reduced....no M2's coming in to save the day, just the odd corvette and fighters.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”