Where to produce Rapier Missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rrfarmer
x4

Where to produce Rapier Missiles

Post by rrfarmer » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 22:05

I feel like such a new player, even though i've been playing for a while... But i've only been focusing on the economy/trade part of the game.

But, does a factory exist where the player can make Rapier missiles?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 22:07

Not in vanilla.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 22:08

What's the fastest missile the player can make?

Besides the wasp or mosquito.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 22:14

The Hurricane may be what you're looking for, since most M4's and M3's can fire it. It goes 471 m/s. However, the Flail Barrage Missile (M7M's only) goes 486, and the Firefly goes 576, but it's dumbfire and not much use, really. Then of course, there's the Aurora, a bigger dumbfire that goes 589 m/s.

For more info, check out Roguey's Missile Page. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 22:20

Basically I'm looking for a good missile that the player can make in HUGE quantities, is not slow, can be put on nearly every ship (Argon mostly) and is not the mosquito. lol

The hurricane sounds good so far. I'm looking at the list from eng.x3tc.ru, it can sort by what you need it to.

But the big thing is that the player can make them.

SO everyone agrees I should mass produce the Hurricane Missile?

I wish a poll existed that asked everyone what player made missile they all choose to put on their ships.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 22:24

rrfarmer wrote:...
I wish a poll existed that asked everyone what player made missile they all choose to put on their ships.
Such a poll would only show a wide range of choices. Different missiles for different jobs for different play styles. You certainly won't find any real agreements. :P

Make your Hurricane missile complex. Then even if you decide you don't like them, you can always make lots of credits selling them to the NPC's. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Mon, 8. Aug 11, 22:27

haha, deep down inside i knew you were going to say that!

in my game i decided to get the HUB and build up the economy and race ranks to Rank 1 before starting any of the plot lines (except for the HUB plot).

I guess I'll start a complex in paranid space making these missiles.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 9. Aug 11, 10:58

Everybody generally has his or her preferences when it comes down to misslie/weapons. Personnelly I would not bother with the Hurricane as it's a single missile that can often get shot down. The Wasp is probably a better candidate because it's faster and is a swarm missile making it more difficult to destroy and in large numbers can even destroy M3s.

SkullCowboy
x3tc

Post by SkullCowboy » Tue, 9. Aug 11, 23:39

Main problem with Wasps is their short range which is compounded by their twirly flight path. Dragonfly is slower but hits a bit harder and will actually travel 18km as the crow flies and has a shorter reload rate so you can spam them pretty good.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 05:17

Dragonfly is way too slow and would get shot down more than the hurricane.
But it might be a good one to put on anti-capital ship fleets.

I'll probably stick with the wasp right now, it's super cheap and quick to produce. and i'm just trying to take out smaller m5s and trade ships with what i'm doing right now.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 12:19

rrfarmer wrote: I'll probably stick with the wasp right now, it's super cheap and quick to produce. and i'm just trying to take out smaller m5s and trade ships with what i'm doing right now.
You should stay with hurricane. I produce thousands of wasps per minute and I still built hurricane fab, deliberately. This says all. I gradually replaced all my warships ordnance (M3, M3+, M6, M6+, several M7) with hurricanes.

But don't listen to me, buy several of one type and other and go chasing some pirates and xenon, blitz weapon test, then you decide for yourself.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 12:42

deca.death wrote:
rrfarmer wrote: I'll probably stick with the wasp right now, it's super cheap and quick to produce. and i'm just trying to take out smaller m5s and trade ships with what i'm doing right now.
You should stay with hurricane. I produce thousands of wasps per minute and I still built hurricane fab, deliberately. This says all. I gradually replaced all my warships ordnance (M3, M3+, M6, M6+, several M7) with hurricanes.

But don't listen to me, buy several of one type and other and go chasing some pirates and xenon, blitz weapon test, then you decide for yourself.
I have factories churning out Wasps and Hurricanes, I find that when dealing with large swarms of fighters, sending out large numbers of a mix of the two is pretty lethal. Usually concentrating the Hurricanes on the M4/5s and the Wasps on the M3s, mainly because any M3 with a turret is far more likely to shoot down the Hurricane as opposed to the Swarming Wasp.

Also, wasps are useful when capping M6s.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 13:35

heratik wrote:Usually concentrating the Hurricanes on the M4/5s and the Wasps on the M3s, mainly because any M3 with a turret is far more likely to shoot down the Hurricane as opposed to the Swarming Wasp.
Of course, and that's why we have Typhoon. Hurricane and wasp are not missiles for M3 killing. They even have problems with M4, and I'm not talking about solanos. How many wasps you need to kill nova? 20?

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 13:47

deca.death wrote:
heratik wrote:Usually concentrating the Hurricanes on the M4/5s and the Wasps on the M3s, mainly because any M3 with a turret is far more likely to shoot down the Hurricane as opposed to the Swarming Wasp.
Of course, and that's why we have Typhoon. Hurricane and wasp are not missiles for M3 killing. They even have problems with M4, and I'm not talking about solanos. How many wasps you need to kill nova? 20?
God knows, I tend to spam the place to hell and then clean up whats left, which as you say is usually a bunch of M3 :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”