Aldrin Plot. Need help with scanning Roids

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

coolguy646
x3

Aldrin Plot. Need help with scanning Roids

Post by coolguy646 » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 09:52

Does this plot break if you jump out of the sector? On my first attempt
I was being swarmed with Zenon so I had no other choice. Every attempt after I scan the whole sector, eventhough my Active Missions tab only says that I need to scan 5, and no change. I've even used a whole mess of Advanced Sats just to be sure that I've found all the roids. Do I need to load up a previous save?
The Golden Rule: Do unto others before they do unto you.

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 11:38

I haven't got this far yet but according to the walkthrough...
Spoiler
Show
Use your UFJD to get to a Sector with a few (up to 10) asteroids that you can easily find, because you can’t use scan asteroid commands here. It’ll have to be done manually. And you’ve only got one jump; if you end up in a terrible Sector, you’ll be better off reloading rather than trying to complete what might well be an impossible mission. You’ll get sectors with impossible numbers of enemies, sectors with impossible numbers of asteroids, sectors which are so dark it’s impossible to see; dump them all. You’re going to have to scan every asteroid in the Sector so if you can’t see them or fight your way to them it’s not going to work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 11:52

Make sure you are scanning the sector asteroids in the order indicated by the mission guidance arrows - that may be important for the plot countdown to continue - and you wouldn't need the satellites that way!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

coolguy646
x3

Post by coolguy646 » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 20:44

So does that mean that when I'm in the right sector, the mission guidance will let me know? According to the walkthroughs I have read, any sector will do. I don't want to load up a previous save if I don't have to because the most previous one I have is like 72 game hours back.
The Golden Rule: Do unto others before they do unto you.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 20:51

I guess no mission guidance might mean the sector you are in is not suitable for some reason (eg too few asteroids etc). [Or maybe, and more sinister, don't jump out too early once you have been given such guidance in a sector!] Sure, you can eventually collect the Nividium from wherever you like but maybe the asteroid scanning bit is more fussy than that about which sector you use - I could be wrong though.

I am only going by this guide:
Spoiler
Show
Aldrin Plot: Mission 1.

Use the unfocussed jump drive to scout for valuable or abundant minerals. Pays 20k + resource worth. No time limit. You will need a Mineral Scanner before you start.

Scan 8 asteroids. Khaak nearby, including a lot of corvettes. Run around the asteroids as they are targetted by the mission arrows, and scan each one when you come in range. Target roid, click I, then when ‘scan’ lights up, click ‘scan’. Done. Move on.

A slow ship needs to be able to fight M6's. A fast ship may not need to fight at all.

Once all are scanned, you are asked to mine and deliver 100 Nvidium.

When you have mined your Nvidium, engage jump drive and it will automatically take you back to the Asteroid Belt. Dock to complete the mission. The Nvidium is taken off the ship automatically.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 23:33

If you need to scan the asteroids in an Unfocused Jumpdrive sector then yes, you broke it bad once you cut and run. Reload from an earlier save and make sure you have a better ship next time you try it!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”