Station import from Argon Prime to Argon M148

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

XtremeChump

Station import from Argon Prime to Argon M148

Post by XtremeChump » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 14:44

I recently bought 2 stations from argon prime and I need to transport them to Argon M148. So I leave my SETA on and wait for it in the sector. The mammoth all of a sudden has stopped charging me 1000 credits for every sector he goes through does that mean he's taken a pirate sector route and died? Or is he just cutting through a really really REALLY long sector? Cheers

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 14:45

Well I'd check in your property list.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 15:19

I take it, that you still have credits on your account?
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 15:38

Its possible the TL was destroyed. I'm not sure if GoD will reassign TLs you have hired, but I have avoided hiring them for long deliveries due to that fear.

Omnicron Lyrae has an Argon Shipyard and a hirable TL also, but having your own TL is much more reliable.

XtremeChump

Post by XtremeChump » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 16:48

Yeah But Omicron Lyrae doesn't have the stations I need :p

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 17:01

If I'm not mistaken, the shortest route from Argon prime to Argon 148 goes through Xenon sector 347. :twisted:

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 17:13

As I said, check your property list. If it's not there, it's dead. And you're not getting stuff back.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

tanner1ie
x3tc

Post by tanner1ie » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 18:09

If you're serious about building complexes, you'll need your own TL, but at first hiring a TL will do.
One of the big advantages of using your own TL is you can have it jump to the sector with the shipyard you want to buy from, then jump to the sector you want to build in, building things much quicker than having to wait with Seta active.
A TL with a jumpdrive is invaluable on station building missions.

My recommendation for a first TL is the Split Elephant, as it's the cheapest and fastest TL and can carry 14 fighter sized ships, making a great "Poor Man's Carrier".
While the Argon Mammoth and Boron Orca can carry more, they only carry about five or six ships.
I'd say buy an Orca then, because they're really pretty :) .
If you decide to buy a second TL when you get more "established" use the Elephant as i do now, as a fleet support ship loaded with missiles, weapon ammo and energy cells for jumpdrives.
Having a TL on standby with couple of thousand energy cells is very useful for refuelling capital ships, either stationed around the Universe or to get ships home from the Kh'aak sectors, after the Final Fury missions.
Lastily TL's are a good place to keep marines, as those guys take up often precious cargo space, particular in M6's.

As for building factories, does M148 have asteroids, in sector, if so good ones?
It's saves a lot of toing and froing if you make your factories self-sufficient, and can't do that without a couple of decently sized Ore and Silcone asteroids.

For a first complex, i'd say start in Antigone Memorial, as it has several rich asteroids and is a stone's throw away from Argon Prime.
Also, if you focus on weapon production, like i do, there's an Equipment Dock in that sector, which you can easily sell excess stuff to.
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlight?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”