Experimental EMPC (TC 3.0 start patched to 3.1 now)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BarneyMcGrew
x3tc

Experimental EMPC (TC 3.0 start patched to 3.1 now)

Post by BarneyMcGrew » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 00:34

Hi all, done some searches on this but only found lots of talk about pre 2.0 being a problem. I am trying to equip a new Spitfyre with EEMPC's but they are never in stock at the Aldrin Unknown bases for several game days now. I have previously been able to kit out my Springblossoms and anothe Spitfyre without too much hassle. I have had two Springblossoms trading between Aldrin 1 and 2 for a long time and I don't seem to be missing any stations that I had when I could get hold of EEMPC's, however, I have found mention that there should be a forge in Aldrin 2 which has never been there. What is going on and what is the solution, these ships don't fit anything else for main weapons.
You shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet - Abraham Lincoln

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 01:42

I had the same problem. Perhaps I just got to the sectors too late, but those factories were never there.

The solution is to hunt for a single EEMPC in the debris, or destroy ships equipping them - until you get one. From one, you can get as many as you like by dropping it in an Aldrin equipment dock and then buying 10 (cheap) ships - equipping one. Then load up a single ship with all 10 and send it back to the equipment dock. Then you can repeat the process as often as you like. A hassle but it works.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 01:51

There's one EEMPC forge in Aldrin, not Aldrin 2. Unless it has been removed.

Coordinates:
Spoiler
Show
99.0, 11.8, 97.8

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 01:54

According to http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/sector.php?c=ODI3NTA5MzQ3

there's one in Aldrin 2 as well, but in my 3.0 game it had vanished before I got into the sector, if it was ever there to begin with.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 19:35

That's why it's vitally important in any new game to crack thru the terran plot asap and get those things locked down. The Aldrin 2 one is usually a lost cause due to the time it takes to unlock it, but the one in Aldrin is easily saveable.
If you can lay your hands on one, they are easy enough to clone in Aldrin.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 20:04

If you don't mind using an exploit you might try the third link in my signature. It leads you to a thread by kurush, who found a way to clone rare wares as long as you have at least one sample of them in possession...
In addition, that thread also has some other surprises you might find useful...

best regards,
Rhox

EDIT: the link i mentioned is in English, even if the description is in German...
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

BarneyMcGrew
x3tc

or the responses

Post by BarneyMcGrew » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 00:15

Ok well it seems that there is no recovering it so I guess I have no choice but to use an exploit if I want to play with any of the Aldrin ships, thankfully I do have some on my Springblossom which currently is ferrying Majaglit about

Egosoft please fix this either with a signed script that adds the factories back in and keeps them in or a patch as I had been priding myself on not using any scripts or exploits until now.

Thanks for the responses.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 00:32

IMO EEMPC are not that important for spitfyre or springblossom use the exp m/am launcher instead they are much better.
The spitfyre is the only m3 able to use m6 weapons and its an ammo based weapon(its also the best m6 weapon) meaning you don't need to worry about your laser generator.
Its a bit cramped with the cargo space but you should be able to mount 6 and have enough room for 10 units of ammo(2000 or so shots)
The spitfyre also dosen't need to worry about anti missile turrets as the only missiles that can catch it, can't really hurt it.

BarneyMcGrew
x3tc

Post by BarneyMcGrew » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 18:44

Problem is that I have never had any PM/AM launchers or the PSSC. They are just two weapons I will have to live with never being able to play with :(.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 18:50

BarneyMcGrew wrote:Problem is that I have never had any PM/AM launchers or the PSSC. They are just two weapons I will have to live with never being able to play with :(.
Take M7M and cap a springy. Reload on "core hack" and be persistent.
Later, just clone ; )

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 18:52

BarneyMcGrew wrote:Problem is that I have never had any PM/AM launchers or the PSSC. They are just two weapons I will have to live with never being able to play with :(.
There are two stations in Aldrin producing those weapons, Weapon Production Bases. Park one ship with CLS2 and order to buy them. Have another one supplying the stations.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 19:10

As the above poster says find the stations that produce these as there is always plently of these two type of weapons, get the co-ordinates for the stations or have scout ships follow the aldrin weapon dealers they will eventually be revealed.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

An Unknown in Aldrin

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 19:51

For cloning in Aldrin, you need to keep track of a certain Unknown station. It begins at -266, 3.04, -63.4 , and it moves to the SE quadrant of Aldrin when the Aldrin Expansion plot starts. It moves to different places in each game. You can find it easily if you park any ship in it before it moves.

This Unknown is the only one that helps with cloning in Aldrin. The other two Unknowns do not. So you can put a TS in this Unknown with a few items, then sell them to the station when you are ready, then buy them at the SY. If supplies are tight, then send a few back to the TS in this Unknown.

You can do well when you clone to just leave 1 item on the menu, instead of taking them all. Then it should be there the next time. You can guarantee that by buying it back by the TS at the Unknown station. Then it is a bonus if an Aldrin trader sells more items to station.

I find that the EEMPC is worth the trouble. The MAML is great as a weapon for the SB, but the EEMPC has a faster weapon speed, so it is much better against M3 and smaller.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 19:55

insolent1 wrote:As the above poster says find the stations that produce these as there is always plently of these two type of weapons, get the co-ordinates for the stations or have scout ships follow the aldrin weapon dealers they will eventually be revealed.
Not really, if you complete the Terran plot late, chances are GOD would have taken them all down. The only remedy is the one that was posted earlier: Cap a Springy and use the save-n-reload exploit to grab the weapons you need, then clone them.

BarneyMcGrew
x3tc

Post by BarneyMcGrew » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 20:18

As the above poster says find the stations that produce these as there is always plently of these two type of weapons, get the co-ordinates for the stations or have scout ships follow the aldrin weapon dealers they will eventually be revealed.
I have Aldrin mapped out to a 250km radius from the centre point. No such station, I also have M5's sitting in each of the unknown stations and 2 LT's trading around Aldrin 1 and Aldrin 2 so if the station was there I would have found it.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 20:25

BarneyMcGrew wrote:
I have Aldrin mapped out to a 250km radius from the centre point. No such station, I also have M5's sitting in each of the unknown stations and 2 LT's trading around Aldrin 1 and Aldrin 2 so if the station was there I would have found it.
250km will not cut it, I mapped it to 2000km.

Have you finished Aldrin expansion plot yet? I had exactly the same problem as you, then sometime after I finished the plot I jumped into Aldrin and there were all new stations there, and everywhere was fully stocked with all weapons, even the ones that had been there and empty before.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 20:42

BarneyMcGrew wrote:
Here are the coords:
Spoiler
Show
Aldrin (before Aldrin plot re-arrangement):
Weapon alpha: -274, 0, 106
Weapon beta: -307,-22,44
EEMPC: 99,12,99

Aldrin2:
EEMPC: 3,1,-99
Note that the Aldrin2 EEMPC station is near the TUS gate, and would be attacked and destroyed real fast, once you start the Aldrin plot.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 20:51

BarneyMcGrew wrote: I have Aldrin mapped out to a 250km radius from the centre point. No such station, I also have M5's sitting in each of the unknown stations and 2 LT's trading around Aldrin 1 and Aldrin 2 so if the station was there I would have found it.
You must map aldrin in several height layers, not just on 0. Use 3-4 scouts, put them on -50, -25, 0, 25, +25 km and scan again. Order bunch of M5s to follow local traders. For few hours you'll have pretty accurate map of aldrin.

Aldrin in my game is greatly developed an all I did is put 2 STs there, quite late in game (I seriously doubt that in sector of that size they could done any serious impact of local economy) so I'm always puzzled by the problems many other ppl have with that.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 21:38

deca.death wrote:Aldrin in my game is greatly developed an all I did is put 2 STs there, quite late in game (I seriously doubt that in sector of that size they could done any serious impact of local economy) so I'm always puzzled by the problems many other ppl have with that.
I have always wondered whether GoD has a 'quota' and removes 'the x worst stations' every 'y game-hours' etc (and places others elsewhere more productive). Such that if the Player is pretty proactive early on and is quick and efficient at supporting the economy of the Terrans and main Commonwalth races in early game, does that mean that maybe the then as yet undiscovered economies of the Yaki and Aldrin (maybe Pirates too?) will suffer more losses? Just a thought that came to me and with no evidence or indications to back it up.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 22:11

deca.death wrote: so I'm always puzzled by the problems many other ppl have with that.
GOD works in mysterious ways. :-)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”