Unable to use the Mobile Drilling system in X3TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Balrog1978

Unable to use the Mobile Drilling system in X3TC

Post by Balrog1978 » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 07:21

Help. I just bought the Mistral Super Freighter and installed the Mobile Drilling System. But when I get close to any Asteroid (after scanning it and detecting, Say, Silicon or Nvidium) - I try to right click to fire - the way I would do any normal laser - but nothing happens.

I've gotten close to the Asteroid - < 1km but nothing!!! I also have an ore collector on board. But no missiles!! I read somewhere that the Mobile Drilling System in X3TC is enough to break apart the largest rocks!!!

Attachign an image of the weapon loadout of my Mistral!! Please help

[ external image ][/img]

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 07:52

In order to manually use a weapon equipped in a turret, you need to hop into the gunner seat for that particular turret -- press F1 to cycle through turret cams, external view, and target view. Holding down F1 for a short while will take you directly back to the main cockpit.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 08:11

Also check weapon energy consumption, some "weapons" like tractor beam can be equipped by certain TS ships but cannot be fired because if it.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 08:14

Only one MDS is needed per ship. It will one shot an asteroid. It's as Vim Razz says for firing the MDS.

Worth noting, while you may be able to mount the MDS, the MDS "slot" is shared by Tractor Beams, and the non-existent Repair Laser. Some ships can only use the Tractor Beam, despite this shared "slot". If it shoots, you will see a single white ball.

Vulture Miner has a 850 MJ weapon reactor, just as the Mistral and Mistral SF do, so it should have the necessary power to shoot.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 08:30

That's a good point -- I think just one Mobile drilling system is going to chew up something like 60% of the mistrals energy per shot (don't remember off the top of my head). I'm not sure whether two together would actually fire.

Also, two mobile drilling systems wont give you any benefit over 1, so generally you'd just stick one in the turret.

edit: ah, ancienthighway beat me to it. :D

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 09:37

I just verified that hopping into the turret with 1 MDS mounted can be fired on a Mistral. Should work just the same on the Mistral SF.

Balrog1978

Post by Balrog1978 » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 08:10

thanks guys!! wasn't apparent at first !!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”