question about a M8

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skillzfire
x3ap

question about a M8

Post by Skillzfire » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 19:29

ok right so i capped a taladi peragrine i am currently flying a M4 thesus (cant spell it ) just wondering what should i do with this? most M8's i just sell since they are worth a bomb but the peregrine looks good on paper just wondering what you guys think?
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 19:34

M8 Bombers are great at taking out big enemies, or lots of enemies, when you don't have the capability otherwise. Tomahawk barrages from an M8 will quickly clear a sector of enemies, except for the faster M5's. I keep one around, fully loaded with Tomahawks, energy cells and a jumpdrive just for those 'special occasions'. :fg:

EDIT: Whoa! 20,000th post. Anybody seen my life around? :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 19:36

M8 class is extremely deadly, they can wreck havoc on entire sectors. They are perfect for assassination of tough targets and perfect for "kill without rep hit" exploit.

One little thing if you really want to -use- this vessel you will need a factory - small thawk fab. 1M bio, 1M food, ore mine L yield 25+ and 2 thawh fab S. One TS on buy ecells for best price. Your small industry of death : )

EarlHarewood
x3tc

Post by EarlHarewood » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 19:38

gratz on 20,000 posts nanook!!!!!
edit: lol i typed that before your edit xD

its spelled theseus i believe

and yeh M8's are great for taking out M2's and the like.

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 19:39

:P since i lost my main save i am not at the point that i cant easily build munitions :P so i think i will sell it for now, in addition if i am planing to kill the paranid what would be the best bomber to do so?
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 19:43

There are quite a lot of places to buy Tomahawk missiles in the game. In addition to several factories, Military Outposts stock them, too. So you shouldn't have trouble getting enough to make effective use of your M8.

That said, you'll find lots more M8's to cap once you get to a high enough combat rank to regularly get them in station defense missions. So if you don't need it right now, it does supply a nice infusion of cash. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 20:40

Skillzfire wrote::P since i lost my main save i am not at the point that i cant easily build munitions :P so i think i will sell it for now, in addition if i am planing to kill the paranid what would be the best bomber to do so?
Any one will do. They should not be near the combat, so their shields and speed are irrelevant.

But if I have to chose one, it would be the Claymore, not because of the ship but because the missile. Phantom is more powerful and faster than Tomahawk, and it takes half the cargo space.

Unfortunately Phantoms are hard to find, until you can build them yourself later in the game.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”