Cls and Mosquito missile defense

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

temetvince
x4

Cls and Mosquito missile defense

Post by temetvince » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 06:53

Ok, so I'm equipting my cls traders with mosquito defense...

except is there a way to make them restock their used missiles? If I have a ton of traders, I don't want to have to open up the property menu, click on the last trader in a fight, tell him to restock missiles, wait for him to restock missiles, and then re-activate the cls command. Then, as I get back to killing xenon in my m3... wait... ok, another trader just got into a fight. Open up the property men.....

:?

Also, do I need to equip the mosquito missiles in the missiles weapon slot, or just leave them in inventory? If I do have to equip them, can I set missile fire probability to 0% to keep the ai from using the missiles for offensive combat?

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 07:07

Misquito missles are reletivly small and cheap so it shouldn't be to hard to just buy a bunch and leave them. However if memory serves there is a option somewhere under the command counsil for the ships (or it could be under wing commands not sure) to keep a certain amount of missles in stock on board the ship, or to buy them whenever available. I'd have to check on that but I fairly sure there is such an option, you just need to look for it.

Edit: I'm sure there's an option cause I remember setting my ships to automaticly buy boarding pods whenever they were available, as long as your ships stop at a place that has them in stock they should be good to go. Just make sure they buy quite a few and I would set the missle fire probability to at least 5% just in case.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 08:58

CLS pilot will resupply mossies automatically. For traders I don't know does it have any affect at all to be honest. Real threat to your traders is Q and he fires no missiles (And how effective is MMD OOS anyway, if at all?). High level UT/ST with full shielding JD and bunch of drones will evade small encounters with pirate ruble anyway.

But if you still want to do it, there is option, I believe under "G" menu, to refill ships gun and missiles (UT won't probably use them anyway), he occasionally lands on EqD, Missile fab or even trading station that has mossies so he will automatically buy set quantity.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 13:21

There is no possible missile defence OOS. Missiles are instant hit when you're not around so MMD is only useful IS. And I'm fairly sure CLS pilots will automatically resupply themselves when they need more :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

temetvince
x4

Post by temetvince » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 20:36

Thank you guys for the help.

Ok, will a cls trader seek out missiles to refill, or will he only refill them if he happens to stop at a place that sells them?

UT trader probably wont use them.

Ah, it doesn't work oos. That's a big downer.

And does anyone know if they have to be equiped and not set to 0% firing chance?

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 12:38

For ClS I'm pretty sure they sort it all out - go out of their way to buy them and also install and fire them irrespective of what setting you put on the ship as default. Don't think UTs use MMD automatically so if you want to use it (if the trade mk3 doesn't ignore it even if you turn it on!) you'd have to stock them yourself. Or use an automated resupply ship...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

FuryFlex
x3tc

Post by FuryFlex » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 17:43

perkint wrote:There is no possible missile defence OOS. Missiles are instant hit when you're not around so MMD is only useful IS. And I'm fairly sure CLS pilots will automatically resupply themselves when they need more :)

Tim
So this means the hour I spent last night flying around to each of my Mistral UT's, putting an IRE in each turret set to "Missiles Only" and installing MDM was wasted? That is, unless I happen to be in-sector when one of them gets attacked?

Since TS won't do an emergency autojump, does that mean that the best thing I can do to promote UT survival is to always have max shields and engine tuning, set turrets to "Protect Ship", and don't bother with MDM?

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 21:08

FuryFlex wrote:
perkint wrote:There is no possible missile defence OOS. Missiles are instant hit when you're not around so MMD is only useful IS. And I'm fairly sure CLS pilots will automatically resupply themselves when they need more :)

Tim
So this means the hour I spent last night flying around to each of my Mistral UT's, putting an IRE in each turret set to "Missiles Only" and installing MDM was wasted? That is, unless I happen to be in-sector when one of them gets attacked?

Since TS won't do an emergency autojump, does that mean that the best thing I can do to promote UT survival is to always have max shields and engine tuning, set turrets to "Protect Ship", and don't bother with MDM?
Yup...

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 21:43

FuryFlex wrote: So this means the hour I spent last night flying around to each of my Mistral UT's, putting an IRE in each turret set to "Missiles Only" and installing MDM was wasted? That is, unless I happen to be in-sector when one of them gets attacked?
My every TS, regardless of function, gets 20 mossies, 20 fight drones, MMD, weapons and turrets on missile defense MK2. It's standard equipment in my company :) It's good to have Ozias or Aran and have all thing needed for TSes there, buy them and equip /clone weapons en masse, give ecells, buy JDs everything. Then hop to herrons, hire/fire all traders up to cargo messenger and you have 10 traders ready to jump in lost CAG shoes in seconds.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”