Newbie requesting advice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Unicycles

Newbie requesting advice

Post by Unicycles » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 14:39

Hey guys, I installed x3:Reunion a few days ago and have been loving it! I've been pouring over the sticky guides and searching through the forums trying to get a grasp on the game's mechanics. So far, I feel as though I understand the basic trading aspects fairly well but I would like some advice as to whether or not I'm on the right track.

I've been playing for about a day (in-game time), I started the Humble Merchant game and sold my disco as one guide suggested and then flew off to find the free Toucan Hauler. From here I've been ordering it around to buy and sell energy cells while I make some money selling ore. This is working out fairly well, albeit a tad slow (I've only got 200,000cr) - so what next? I was planning on saving up for the trade software MK3 for the toucan but wasn't sure since it can't hold large cargo. Perhaps I should be doing something else though, help? :?

Apologies if I've missed something in the stickies, but I've heard this forum is a fairly nice place so I thought I would just come in and ask :D

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 15:23

Well strictly in beginning I like doing combat and taxi missions. Any mission you can do qualifies. Towing energy is kind of boring yes. MK3 trader is not bad idea also, you should pair it up with TS ship, not TP.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 15:52

get satelites, place satelites
get trading system extension
get to know how the tings working inbetween productions and resources

Later
get best sell and best buy devices from Teladi
get docking computer from Paranid
find out how can you trade intermediate products

After
learn the way how can you hire TL and buy stations
lear the way how can you create complexes
best place for your first station in sectors where you can get Ecells
a single trader ship with CAG can support bases very well
a room for at least one resource is recommended to train your CLS pilots on all complexes
Trading soft MK3 is best if you wanna support NPC stations to produce resources for you
best usage for CLS inbetween your own stations.

Trading should be enough to gain higher ranks with the locals
Find your way which is best for you
Don't listen to anyone :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 20:16

Silicon trading is good in Reunion.

Buy for 2 to 3 hundred and sell for over 7 hundred credits.

Aim to get your Mercury fitted with trade softwares and at least 25mj shielding.

Then set it training as a sector trader .

Next set about getting another set up.

I speak as a trader,but there are many options open to you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”