[R] Mobile Mining

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dank7430
x3ap

[R] Mobile Mining

Post by Dank7430 » Mon, 15. Aug 11, 13:15

Hay :)

I have 5 mobile miners in home of light and 5 in seizewell but they are only eraning 30,000ish per hour. Is this normal? Or should I add more? I think the ones in home of light have saturated the market.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 15. Aug 11, 21:13

Frankly, I've never cared about the credits. There were some observations posted in the thread of the Mobile Mining script by Bunny (in the X3R S&M), but more importantly Bunny's Mining Guide in the Guides Sticky does answer your question. 30k/h is apparently not much.

What I did set up was this:
A TL in a sector. About 5 TS homebased to it and collecting (I had surplus of Dolphin SF's). About 5 Busters doing "Attack rocks" to break the rocks. (Remember: no Fight Mk2.) One TS with CLS2 hauling mineral from the TL to a Mine.

The Mine had TS CAG selling the mineral. There were more than one Mining team, but all the products were sold by that one CAG. The whole setup is naturally expensive, but it was fun. :goner:

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 15. Aug 11, 21:47

I have to say that mobile mining is not meant to earn lots of money.
If you really wanna get some advantages with it then you should give it a home base where minerals required. In some cases it may wander all around. Advanced Satelite can improve its efficiency. If you placing satelites off from the sector's center your miners will operate in that area.

Seizewell, Kingdom End and other asteroid dense sectors is not a good choice to use them anyway. They may won't finish that they started and after some cycle they will break other asteroids apart and let some unfinished fragments, means you will end up with low FPS and bunch of unfinished messy remains.

Within months!!! they can clear mid-dense sectors entirely :D
2, 3 Miner / sector is maximum that you should use. Otherwise they may "step on each other toes"
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 00:03

I'm really not sure how much they should earn but they dig those minerals FAST and are much more effective then investing in mines. 20 silicone miners should net about 5000 silicone wafers per hour.

Mobile Mining quick setup

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 00:07

You are aware the OP is playing Reunion, right? :wink: Mobile mining worked a little differently in that game.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 16. Aug 11, 18:59

deca.death wrote:.

I'm really not sure how much they should earn but they dig those minerals FAST and are much more effective then investing in mines. 20 silicone miners should net about 5000 silicone wafers per hour.

Mobile Mining quick setup
at the other hand inTC you need a LOT more administration to use mobile mining. :/ the only problem can occur in Reunion if your miners can't unload their founds :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”