Two questions concerning OOS Patrols and a weapon.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Rogue Trader
xr

Two questions concerning OOS Patrols and a weapon.

Post by The Rogue Trader » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 01:18

OOS Patrols.

I have various OOS patrols, mainly Tiger's with 10 fighters or Panther with 30 fighters. I have them set to ignore if enemy to me and pirates as freindly but they still attack the pirates :evil: I have managed to load only one Panther with front IBL's so far, after getting a hacking mission for the IBL Forge in Loomancks, but now there is a Brig sitting on top of it so my freighters cant get near it to get the weapons.

Weapon question.

Where can I get the EEMPC for the Spingblossom, no one seems to be selling them ?

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 01:24

check aldrin sector for "unknown aldrin bases". or better, let an m5 with explorer command software do it... they sell the weapons. you might need to clone some if you can't buy enough tho. (springy's do also fit aldrian flaks and maml's, why not use these? :-/ )

for the oos patrol thing i'd guess the pirates are actively attacking your ships, forcing them to react. (if there is a brig and you already have a panther loaded with ibl, why not just blow it up? :D or use the missile trick.)
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 01:34

Thanks for the info on the EEMPC's, but how do I clone ? :oops:

I try to blow the Brig up but then the bases turn red and i cant buy the IBL's from the forge :roll:

palenaka
x3tc

Post by palenaka » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 06:14

The Rogue Trader wrote:Thanks for the info on the EEMPC's, but how do I clone ? :oops:
1.) Find a sector with a shipyard and EQ dock (the EQ dock would have in stock some things you wish to clone). Example would be the EQ dock will have 2 PPC in stock. We'll use Argon Prime as example here
2.) Purchase 10 Mercury's, you should be presented with a screen that allows you to equip "several ships at once" using the EQ dock resources. Buy 2 PPC.
3.) Now each Mercury has 2 PPC's on board. Originally you only had 2 PPC's available at the EQ dock, now you have 20 PPC (2 on each of your 10 mercury)
4.) Gather all the PPC together and sell back the mercury to recover some of your expence.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 07:35

palenaka wrote: 3.) Now each Mercury has 2 PPC's on board. Originally you only had 2 PPC's available at the EQ dock, now you have 20 PPC (2 on each of your 10 mercury)
Sell one back, then buy two, rinse and repeat. I buy 100+ PSPs in 5 scabbards often. You can equip L fighter versions this way (from 4 hepts to 8) and send them directly to duties.

palenaka wrote: 4.) Gather all the PPC together and sell back the mercury to recover some of your expence.
And you can equip TSes as local traders and send them making some money for you : )

deca.death
x3tc

Re: Two questions concerning OOS Patrols and a weapon.

Post by deca.death » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 07:37

The Rogue Trader wrote: Where can I get the EEMPC for the Spingblossom, no one seems to be selling them ?
You don't need that weapon for springy. MAML in front, SSCs at sides, two of same at back (4 is overkill) and you are set to go. For OOS just stuck SSC everywhere.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”