[X3TC] Mobile Mining Operation: Miners taking hull damage

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rwhiteruff
x3tc

[X3TC] Mobile Mining Operation: Miners taking hull damage

Post by rwhiteruff » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 06:05

I don't know what's going on here. I've got a mobile mining operation in Hollow Infinity. 15 caiman miners working in a silicon field and 15 caiman miners working in an ore field. They're all L versions with default weapons doing mine minerals commands. Aside from the problem that they keep stopping their jobs when my storage gets backed up (which is frustrating in itself!) about 10% of each group keeps taking hull damage and I don't know from where. By the time I repair 3-4 caimans, another 3-4 are damaged. Some of them quite severely.

There are no enemy ships in the sector, and I'm working them from OOS, so I don't know what's going on. Are they somehow taking stray hits from the blasts they use on the rubble? What gives? And can I stop it?

SkullCowboy
x3tc

Post by SkullCowboy » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 07:46

Experiencing the exact same thing myself, but I have a sneaking suspicion I know what it is...

Are you 'Mining Minerals' or 'Collecting Rocks'?

I followed DD's recent thread but effed up, forgetting to buy the 25mj shields. And I am using the MM command...

I THINK the morons are shooting each other like you mentioned. Only thing I can figure.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 07:54

SkullCowboy wrote:Experiencing the exact same thing myself, but I have a sneaking suspicion I know what it is...

Are you 'Mining Minerals' or 'Collecting Rocks'?

I followed DD's recent thread but effed up, forgetting to buy the 25mj shields. And I am using the MM command...

I THINK the morons are shooting each other like you mentioned. Only thing I can figure.
Well like I said I bought the L versions, so you would think that a few stray PAC rounds wouldn't singe the hull, but this is OOS we're talking about here, so I'm not ruling out the possibility...

deca.death
x3tc

Re: [X3TC] Mobile Mining Operation: Miners taking hull damage

Post by deca.death » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 09:53

rwhiteruff wrote: There are no enemy ships in the sector, and I'm working them from OOS, so I don't know what's going on. Are they somehow taking stray hits from the blasts they use on the rubble? What gives? And can I stop it?
Did you homebase your miners? I never worked with mine minerals command but I've heard that they stop commands after delivery if they are home based. I once assign wrong ship to hauler collector (from other group -similar names) and he kept on same collect command although totally full for 3 days. Again - it was collect rocks command.

I heard that problems with damage are possible IS with mine minerals, not OOS. With CR command I never encountered similar problems.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 10:07

iirc, it's written into the script - mining ships will randomly take damage when OOS.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 10:13

deca.death wrote: Did you homebase your miners? I never worked with mine minerals command but I've heard that they stop commands after delivery if they are home based.
Collect Rock and Mine Minerals will stop once they complete their task whether a home base is assigned or not. CLS to to empty them out and they run nonstop.

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 10:31

deca.death wrote: Did you homebase your miners? I never worked with mine minerals command but I've heard that they stop commands after delivery if they are home based. I once assign wrong ship to hauler collector (from other group -similar names) and he kept on same collect command although totally full for 3 days. Again - it was collect rocks command.
I just double checked and no, they don't have a homebase set.
Carlo the Curious wrote:iirc, it's written into the script - mining ships will randomly take damage when OOS.
One mystery solved!
ancienthighway wrote:
Collect Rock and Mine Minerals will stop once they complete their task whether a home base is assigned or not. CLS to to empty them out and they run nonstop.
No dice. I've had CLS ships clearing them out but there's obviously still gaps.

I do notice that 'collect rocks' miners will not stop mining when full. I mean, they don't continue grabbing goodies obviously, but the command does not cease. However these Mine Minerals ships will just dead stop. The difference is obvious if you have them notify, since collect rocks ships don't ever notify you when they're full but mine minerals ships will.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 11:10

ancienthighway wrote: Collect Rock and Mine Minerals will stop once they complete their task whether a home base is assigned or not. CLS to to empty them out and they run nonstop.
As I've said that's not the case for collect rock ships. Obviously they cannot collect more then they can carry but as soon as they are emptied, even days later, they continue as nothing has ever happened.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 13:58

ancienthighway wrote:Collect Rock and Mine Minerals will stop once they complete their task whether a home base is assigned or not. CLS to to empty them out and they run nonstop.
Plz write it how
That can be really a good thing to comlette HUB pilot without constant micro managgement.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 14:07

deca.death wrote:
ancienthighway wrote: Collect Rock and Mine Minerals will stop once they complete their task whether a home base is assigned or not. CLS to to empty them out and they run nonstop.
As I've said that's not the case for collect rock ships. Obviously they cannot collect more then they can carry but as soon as they are emptied, even days later, they continue as nothing has ever happened.
Yes and that's what's frustrating is that the Mine Minerals command seems to not work in the same way. :( My operation gets backed up and the miners stop their jobs.

Sadly I have a silicon and an ore debris field being worked in the same sector or I'd just use collect rocks.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 14:54

rwhiteruff wrote: Sadly I have a silicon and an ore debris field being worked in the same sector or I'd just use collect rocks.

There are two options for you: one is to assure keeping your miners emptied regularly, other is to go mining somewhere else. I suppose you've check my guide (under sig), if you stick with CLS routines /methods described there you should have no problems in keeping miners empty.

SkullCowboy
x3tc

Post by SkullCowboy » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 14:59

Carlo the Curious wrote:iirc, it's written into the script - mining ships will randomly take damage when OOS.
No joke? That seems evil. You certainly can't be IS with a horde of AI ships on auto-pilot in an asteroid debris field.

:evil:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 15:48

deca.death wrote:
rwhiteruff wrote: Sadly I have a silicon and an ore debris field being worked in the same sector or I'd just use collect rocks.

There are two options for you: one is to assure keeping your miners emptied regularly, other is to go mining somewhere else. I suppose you've check my guide (under sig), if you stick with CLS routines /methods described there you should have no problems in keeping miners empty.
That's exactly the guide I used. I'm not sure what part of it I got wrong.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”