Graphics Upgrades?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Graphics Upgrades?

Post by AzaIndustries » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 17:26

Hey I've checked the library of mods and did a search but couldn't find anything.

I'm just interested in mods that improve the graphic side of X3, I've already got the smoke and trails mod, and a nice GUI.
Just wondering if there are any other mods that make the game looks nicer.

I'm still having sooo much fun with X3 the way it is, but I got tons of unspent PC power read to use.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 19:04

You should pimp your galaxy as well. Check out this great mod. probably the best visual enhancement around here.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=267427

Might take a look on this GUI + New laser coloring
http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... sc&start=0

Another great mod that visually enhances the lasers is CMOD (combat mod). Thats something than cosmetics only. Not only enhances but rebalances the laser properties. Recommended stuff.

Latest version by Paul Wheeler. Nicely tweaked.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=288835
Old original version by Ulfius. Needs more cowbell.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=241047
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Post by AzaIndustries » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 03:24

I was going to try that first one it looks amazing but I read some of the more recent posts and people are having different problems.

Something about crashing when they enter a certain sector.
That sort of thing would break my game I would think. =(

Thanks for the suggestions.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 03:30

AzaIndustries wrote:I was going to try that first one it looks amazing but I read some of the more recent posts and people are having different problems.

Something about crashing when they enter a certain sector.
That sort of thing would break my game I would think. =(

Thanks for the suggestions.
Ive been using Immersive since it came out and havent ever crashed due to it.

If you use it be sure to include the "fix" located several pages in (closer to the end) if you use XRM then do not use the fix though .

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 03:48

XRM has a fix for the current issues IM sectors has? :o

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 03:52

Requiemfang wrote:XRM has a fix for the current issues IM sectors has? :o
Im not aware of any issues when using IE and XRM. The conflict with the fix and XRM is the IE fix overwrites the XRM equivalent and breaks the map.

EDIT: The unfinished paranid sectors are still there but I just deleted the .dds in IE to resolve that problem. I heavily edited my version of IE anyhow.

I wasnt a fan of the stars so I deleted those too.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 04:27

Hmmm... which files, as I have read the about those current. I'll just go in and pluck the problem sectors out that way none of my ships go boom once they go through the gate to those sectors.

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Post by AzaIndustries » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 04:44

Um..

XRM?

IE?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 05:02

Requiemfang wrote:Hmmm... which files, as I have read the about those current. I'll just go in and pluck the problem sectors out that way none of my ships go boom once they go through the gate to those sectors.
nebula_fogparanid_background_part_02_diff.dds (or something like that) Frankly, I think the default Paranid background looks nicer.

The so called instakill in the Unknown Sector east of Zyarths dominion is something I have never experienced (just checked it again) so I dont know if its a real bug with IE or just someones goofed up game.

I also deleted the background stars but I cant remember the file name.
Last edited by joelR on Fri, 19. Aug 11, 05:11, edited 1 time in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 05:09

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 05:20

joelR wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:Hmmm... which files, as I have read the about those current. I'll just go in and pluck the problem sectors out that way none of my ships go boom once they go through the gate to those sectors.
nebula_fogparanid_background_part_02_diff.dds (or something like that) Frankly, I think the default Paranid background looks nicer.

The so called instakill in the Unknown Sector east of Zyarths dominion is something I have never experienced (just checked it again) so I dont know if its a real bug with IE or just someones goofed up game.

I also deleted the background stars but I cant remember the file name.
background stars I don't mind, the bugged sectors is what concerns me :wink:

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Post by AzaIndustries » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 06:32

Oh ok well I'm really interested in this IE.
And I don't have XRM, so everything should work fine...

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 08:03

But you have to browse several pages back in the IE thread. There's is a nice patch + solar system upgrade made by someone else and this addition isn't listen in the first post
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 08:18

Sorkvild wrote:But you have to browse several pages back in the IE thread. There's is a nice patch + solar system upgrade made by someone else and this addition isn't listed in the first post
fixed :P it's in bold

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 09:22

Requiemfang wrote:
Sorkvild wrote:But you have to browse several pages back in the IE thread. There's is a nice patch + solar system upgrade made by someone else and this addition isn't listed in the first post
fixed :P it's in bold
Umm you mean this?. Couldnt find this info in the first post
We want the Boron back!

AzaIndustries
x3tc

Post by AzaIndustries » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 09:40

oh wait this mod requires a game restart?

awwww... not for me then.. =(

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 09:45

It's recommended because some changes like proper light adjustments wont apply. Nevertheless once I continued my game without without relaunching, I have had new backgrounds but the lights were kinda off.
We want the Boron back!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”