NOOOO DIS NOT POSIBLE!! (rant)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skillzfire
x3ap

NOOOO DIS NOT POSIBLE!! (rant)

Post by Skillzfire » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:27

ARGGGGGGGG(ect)

what happened was i was leading a fleet to go destroy paranid prime one of my carriers saw a enemy (a bloody M5 that was damaged) and launched ALL of its fighters straight into my destroyer the rest plowed into a asteroid so that was a net loss of around 50 million for the fighters roughly (probably less) then to make matters worse my frigged came through the gate and flattened me when i was busy in the CC

>.< i raged so much because my last save was 3 hours ago :evil: :evil:

the AI in this game is so smart :roll:
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:38

save frequently.

Even if its an auto save when you dock.

My best advice is to set a carrier to protect the M2 and then most of the time the M1 should remain behind the M2.

Skism
x3tc

Re: NOOOO DIS NOT POSIBLE!! (rant)

Post by Skism » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:44

Skillzfire wrote:ARGGGGGGGG(ect)

what happened was i was leading a fleet to go destroy paranid prime one of my carriers saw a enemy (a bloody M5 that was damaged) and launched ALL of its fighters straight into my destroyer the rest plowed into a asteroid so that was a net loss of around 50 million for the fighters roughly (probably less) then to make matters worse my frigged came through the gate and flattened me when i was busy in the CC

There there :)

My heart goes out to you - this is why I have only ever had one carrier and I use M7s or M2

BTW howed the campign go (except for that obviously :lol: )
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:54

I learned the hard way , to buy and use Salvage Insurance.
I try to keep around 1,000 units , as I found I would run out when I most needed it.

Every time I am about to do something of risk , I save , if I have remembered to.

It's usually when I forget to save that something like this happens to me.
It is easy to get engrossed in what you are doing , and forget to save.

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 21:05

Skism wrote:

My heart goes out to you - this is why I have only ever had one carrier and I use M7s or M2

its going ok recently installed CODEA so i restarted, its not gonna take me long to get to the point iw as at maybe a day or 2 but i will take out the paranid :D i have a pheonix leading the charge soaking up damage with a few Cerberus for anti fighter, one carrack for some reason dont remember where i got that and my colossus :lol: and a load of fighters mainly falcons and novas + some M5's my personal ship was a skiron :)

though on my new save i realise how much CODEA helps with the pilot AI
so i dont think this will happen again :)
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 22:46

I save on most stupid and simple operations, let alone major fleet engagement against race prime sector. To do something like this, not even in DID is completely unthinkable for my point of view. Literally thousand of things could go wrong, and usually do.

Next time just use skirnir, M7M or just a Boreas. Maybe not as epic but much more effective.

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 03:54

Skillzfire wrote:its going ok recently installed CODEA
Damn you, I was going to suggest that. Remember, CODEA isn't just for the launching, management and retrieval of fighter wings, it can also be used to train pilots for bigger ships.

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 04:55

deca.death wrote:.

I save on most stupid and simple operations, let alone major fleet engagement against race prime sector. To do something like this, not even in DID is completely unthinkable for my point of view. Literally thousand of things could go wrong, and usually do.

Next time just use skirnir, M7M or just a Boreas. Maybe not as epic but much more effective.
aww but where is the fun in that :P sure i lost around 50 million but still i can laugth about it now :P

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 04:56

breytac wrote:
Skillzfire wrote:its going ok recently installed CODEA
Damn you, I was going to suggest that. Remember, CODEA isn't just for the launching, management and retrieval of fighter wings, it can also be used to train pilots for bigger ships.
yu i know i have a small wing following, a pilot named shavonne is abit to good she is only in a M4 and can take on M6's with no damage is it shameful for the AI to be able to do things you cant?

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Fri, 19. Aug 11, 05:02

Skillzfire wrote:
Skism wrote:

its going ok recently installed CODEA so i restarted, its not gonna take me long to get to the point iw as at maybe a day or 2 but i will take out the paranid :D i have a pheonix leading the charge soaking up damage with a few Cerberus for anti fighter, one carrack for some reason dont remember where i got that and my colossus :lol: and a load of fighters mainly falcons and novas + some M5's my personal ship was a skiron :)

though on my new save i realise how much CODEA helps with the pilot AI
so i dont think this will happen again :)
CODEA on carriers plus MARS on destroyers and you can just sit back and watch the fireworks. Now I need to get some time play some more and get my new game going.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Sat, 20. Aug 11, 15:13

Every time I use CODEA my fleet jumps into sectors at coordinates 0,0,0 for some reason.

CODEA is fun though and been debating on giving it another try.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”