Best ship for wingmen?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skillzfire
x3ap

Best ship for wingmen?

Post by Skillzfire » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:38

Right now i am restarting my game (because of my last failure ) got the CODEA scrip installed mainly for the wingmen to be well better, i currently have 2 ships following my mamba, my starting buster and a yaki (interceptor don't know how to spell it) raider, i have a petty officer in the yaki ship and a recruit in the buster, they will level up by the time i have the money to outfit them,

my question is what is the best ships for them bearing in mind this guys will actively avoid fire unlike the standard AI controlled ships what would be best for them?

i was thinking some nova raiders or some such, or possibly Kea's since they are heavy shielded

ideas?
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:44

level up?

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:48

I've had success in the past with very heavily shielded fighters. Speed is fine but AI fighters don't really make best use of it. I feel the eclipse is a good choice, for its 200MJ shielding, and two turrets. Put PRGs in these and say bye bye to any light fighters that get within weapons range.

You can offset their slow speed by having a faster personal fighter.

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:52

Pirate hater wrote:level up?
With CODEA the pilots of the ships will level up and become more effective, they will make best use of weapons and run the hell away if they cant win
all so they use the strafe drive :D

see why i love codea?

anyway yeah i was thinking about high shields low spead but my yaki ship is fast and it so far has around 15-20 confirmed kills, it rarely gets hit and it can eat up a M3, well that is unless it has a PBG those damn things are horrible
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 18. Aug 11, 20:55

Since CODEA ships behave differently to vanilla pilots, this isn't the right place to ask such questions. I'd suggest the CODEA thread in the S&M forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”