Using PSG during missions = no reward

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stavros
x4

Using PSG during missions = no reward

Post by stavros » Sun, 21. Aug 11, 23:12

Ok so i have been doing lots of combat missions and have only just noticed that when im using the PSG to attack enemies behind me, i have noticed that i am getting no reward for destroying enemy vessels.

For instance i am just doing a patrol mission and have encountered loads of Xenon N's, M's, L's P's and a few Q's and destroyed them all myself.

I looked at the screen where you can check your missions to see my runing total of rewards and voila...........nothing.

Is this a known issue or have i stumbled onto something new????
He who fires the first shot, admits he has lost the argument

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 06:51

Are you running a modified game?

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 07:19

I'm not entirely sure but it could be that because it's not exactly aimed that it won't give you a reward, but I don't think that that's the case because I seem to remember destroying loads of Ka'ak and getting rewards for them durring Final Furry. So as eldyranx3 said are you running any mods or scripts? Are you piloting the ship that's destroying the others? Are you sure that it's you that's destroying them and not those stupid L's launching banshees just as they are at 50% health and blowing themselves up? Are you in the turret seat or is it the computer. (shouldn't matter) The ships you are destroying are mission related right? There isn't someone else making the final blow, say firing off a area triggered missile? If they are assassin missions, you don't get extra for the guys protecting the target as you probably already know. Is your mission guidance set towards a different mission? Just bouncing off ideas here.

Maybe the game doesn't want to give you credit for a cheap (but in my opinion very good) weapon that is the PSG.

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 09:54

I'm not running any mods and have only added a couple of extra ships in via the plugin manager.

All ships that are being destroyed are mission related and no, im not piloting the ship that has the PSGs on board.

There are no NPC attacking the enemies that i'm patroling for either.

It's not an assassination mission either. Just a regular patrol.

Even if my mission guidance was set to another mission, it would still show up that i got the reward for destroying enemies in the mission log.

It's got me a bit flummoxed.

I thought this sort of thing was fixed a couple of patches ago.

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 10:20

Wait, you're not piloting the ship that's killing the mission ships? I don't think that gives you mission bounty rewards. You personally have to kill them to get credit.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 10:56

You will still get credit for the patrol mission, but unless the ship you are flying makes the kill, no race or mission bounties. If it was an assassination mission and one of your ships other than your personal ship makes the kill, mission fails.

niadh
x3tc

Post by niadh » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 11:01

@rwhiteruff

Not so sure about that I have done missions in my Skate with a Boreas in sector to provide additional fire support.
I was getting money added very rapidly as the CFAAs on the Boreas shredded groups of hostiles.
Mind you that was a sector patrol for OFF but the mission structure should be the same.

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 11:40

ancienthighway wrote:You will still get credit for the patrol mission, but unless the ship you are flying makes the kill, no race or mission bounties. If it was an assassination mission and one of your ships other than your personal ship makes the kill, mission fails.
Well thats not true at all.

I always send another ship to do the assassination missions for me and i always get the reward for it.

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 11:42

@rwhiteruff

I have to agree with niadh on that one im afraid.

It just seems to be with the PSG guys.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 12:35

stavros wrote:
ancienthighway wrote:You will still get credit for the patrol mission, but unless the ship you are flying makes the kill, no race or mission bounties. If it was an assassination mission and one of your ships other than your personal ship makes the kill, mission fails.

I always send another ship to do the assassination missions for me and i always get the reward for it.
Maybe it was just the corporate assassination mission then. I tried it 3 times in a row, and failed each time because one of my fighters, rather than my player ship, killed it.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 14:18

ancienthighway wrote:
stavros wrote:

Maybe it was just the corporate assassination mission then. I tried it 3 times in a row, and failed each time because one of my fighters, rather than my player ship, killed it.
Are you patched to the latest version? Getting credited for player ships kills was supposed to be fixed in one of the later updates.

stavros
x4

Post by stavros » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 15:34

Yes im patched up to the latest version. i thought that the fix was supposed to be for the opposite way around. i.e they fixed it so you would get credited for kills made by player owned ships because in an early version, this didnt happen.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”