[X3TC] New player and Final Fury Kha'ak Sector 931

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chariotwheel

[X3TC] New player and Final Fury Kha'ak Sector 931

Post by Chariotwheel » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:14

Hello everyone. I wanted to start by saying this is my first post but I have learned a lot from these forums. Without them I probably wouldn't still be playing.

So I started up the Final Fury missions. I'm on the one where you have to go to Kha'ak sector 931, drop a satellite and scan the station. All the guides I've read say to take a real fast ship in, scan, and get out. The problem is it takes 60 energy to jump there and I'm assuming 60 to jump out again. I haven't seen any fast ships with that much cargo space.
So I tried taking my Nova in. I managed to get about half way to the station, kill 20 or so ships, but eventually got overwhelmed by missile fire.
My next strategy is save for a Skiron and destroy all who oppose me on my way to the station. Brute force I know.
So what am I doing wrong here? Cause I assume this mission should be easier than it has been so far.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:29

I did that mission with a TM and Kestrel. Jump into the sector in the TM, then transfer to Kestrel and jump TM out again. Once mission is complete get the TM to jump back in again to pick you up. Remember to lure the Khaak away from the jump point location first though. :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:39

if u've done the terran plot, then theres the springblosom and spitfyre
both are pretty quick with enough cargo space

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:58

Heehee, I totally did that mission "wrong." I jumped in with a panther loaded down with FAA and just casually cruised over to pick up the free crates after dropping the satellite, then flew over to the station and scanned it while Kha'ak kept jumping in around me and instantly blowing up from the flak.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 01:12

rwhiteruff wrote:Heehee, I totally did that mission "wrong." I jumped in with a panther loaded down with FAA and just casually cruised over to pick up the free crates after dropping the satellite, then flew over to the station and scanned it while Kha'ak kept jumping in around me and instantly blowing up from the flak.
I did the same thing, only in Cerberus. I switched to external view and watched the fireworks :mrgreen:.

Vim Razz
x4

Re: [X3TC] New player and Final Fury Kha'ak Sector 931

Post by Vim Razz » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 01:30

Chariotwheel wrote:My next strategy is save for a Skiron and destroy all who oppose me on my way to the station. Brute force I know.
So what am I doing wrong here? Cause I assume this mission should be easier than it has been so far.
You're doing fine. Any heavy M6 with decent anti-fighter turret coverage will be able to handle the mission (and the rest of the OFF missions, until the last one) without too much trouble. Skiron is as good a choice as any, better than some.

Using a fighter is more of a gimmick than anything else. You need more to hammer through the following missions anyway.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 03:08

My next strategy is save for a Skiron
One of my favourite ships.
Very versatile.

Hyperion is better,if you can get one , but they are not purchasable . :(

Chariotwheel

Post by Chariotwheel » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 03:39

Thanks for the advice all. Its good to know I'm on the right track here. When I started playing I went right after the missions. I figure I'll take a break to build up my trade empire first then come back with some heavier weapons.

Aldaris5
x3tc

Post by Aldaris5 » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 00:05

If you low on cash, try get a Mako. It has 157 store and as fast as 257. You can do this and the next mission without a single shot. Good luck anyways.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 00:15

TTD wrote: Hyperion is better,if you can get one , but they are not purchasable . :(
Hyperion is actually getting owned by Kha'ak mobs. Most of M6 have the same issue with a single exception of Springblossom.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 00:52

kurush wrote: Most of M6 have the same issue with a single exception of Springblossom.
What a coincidence! It's the only M6 vessel type that can mount goddamn FLAK class weapon!

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 01:12

deca.death wrote: What a coincidence! It's the only M6 vessel type that can mount goddamn FLAK class weapon!
And the only M6 that can actually outrun most scouts :wink:

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 01:51

I did it in a Skate Prototype. Unleashed a swarm of wasps on the scouts and ran for the station. Started up the jump drive when Betty said scanning.

And as for:
Hyperion is better,if you can get one , but they are not purchasable .
They cost as much as you spend on the marines to take it. Which I think is a good bargain. :D
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

ginsus
x3ap

Post by ginsus » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 15:08

I just jump there, drop the sat, and jump again :)

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 29. Jul 12, 15:16

oops!

This thread is nearly a year old.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”