split elephant equiping fighter excort genral useage ect

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skillzfire
x3ap

split elephant equiping fighter excort genral useage ect

Post by Skillzfire » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 21:20

so i am at the point where i am thinking of buying a mobile base the elephant seems like a solid choice, big cargo (for split anyway) decent shields and a HUGE laser generator considering it is a TL, anyway is it suitable for a mobilized base atm i am using a magnitar for a mobile base, (not ideal i know but it was cheap and i couldn't be bothered going to legends home)

my mag is loaded up with e cells weapons laser towers drones all i could need, but its so lightly shielded and has a tiny laser generator i cannot take it into a fight without it going pop the elephant may be huge but it can survive a fight unlike my magnitar

so my question is is this a good TL for a combat oriented game?
and what ships should i have in it and weapons ect, i have codea installed so my fighters are intelligent bare that in mind :)

i was thinking loading it up with PAC and HEPT and a few FAA and if i can get the broad side loaded up with IBL that would be awesome

and what is the deal with everyone saying the ID and FAA make a good pair can someone explain?
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

garv222

Post by garv222 » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 22:34

Ion disruptors make a good pair with cluster flak arrays not flak artillery arrays. I believe this only applies to argon, possibly boron and pirate ships. ID fire jumps from one target to another.

IE: there are 4 fighters zooming around you but only one is within range of your ID. However, they are all close together. The weapons fire will hit one ship and then jump to the others.

Cluster flak explodes and launches out projectiles which also function as beacons for ID fire to jump to, so not only does it make a pretty light show, it increases the potential range for ID fire.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 12:22

That said, IonD can bounce off of FAA. It just doesn't do it as well as it does off CFA.

Mount FAA and ISR on the Elephant. FAA will shatter fighters, and ISR will fend off M6's.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ganjanoof
x4

Post by ganjanoof » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 15:29

Triaxx2 wrote:Mount FAA and ISR on the Elephant. FAA will shatter fighters, and ISR will fend off M6's.
I'll second that, the CFA + ID works very well indeed... to turn the whole universe to enemy because of friendly fire. Unless you're completely insane, don't use area weapons in turrets.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 16:26

I only use that in places like Xenon Sectors or Kha'ak sectors, where it's only me, and my enemies.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”