no goner reward????

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

levvol
x2

no goner reward????

Post by levvol » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 09:35

finished goner plot no ship its not in my ships. there was an m6 when i arrived in sector but when mission completed its gone. cheating priests.....

edel42
x4

Post by edel42 » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 09:47

The reward is the Unfocused Jumpdrive and you should have the goner M6 (the TruelightSeeker) since one of the firsts mission is to board it.

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 10:07

The Goner Truelight Seeker should be given to you shortly before or after the plot finishes. I got it shortly before.

How did you beat the mission where you had to fend off the pirates who were trying to get the ship? Did you board and capture the Goner Truelight Seeker or did you simply claim it?

Also, the 'real' reward is the Unfocussed Jumpdrive, as the poster above me mentioned. Not only is it a critical item for two future plots, it is also used to find the Goner Aran in a random sector it can take you to, if you're lucky.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.

x3tc

Post by 5150 » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 10:08

The unfocused drive should listed in your pilot status inventory (with your police licences)

niadh
x3tc

Post by niadh » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 10:32

As others have mentioned there are 2 rewards.

The TrueLight Seeker. An M6 class ship that can mount pretty much every commonwealth weapon in its forward guns positions. While not a exceptional ship by other measures its most popular use seems to be as a Gauss Cannon wielding sniper of capital ships.

The second reward. The unfocussed jumpdrive is a 2 part reward. Obviously the first part is that you can jump into sectors that are created at random and only exist for as long as you are in them. This makes it an ideal way to get rid of anyone inconvenient who might be chasing you. Police going after a return ship mission that you have pinched. Capital ships in certain plots.
The second part is the ability to try and find an Aran. This is the biggest slowest ship in the game but also potentially the most useful because of its docking and cargo capacity.
Imagine if you will and M2 , 29 Hyperion Vanguards and 58 of the nastiest fighters of choice all jump into a sector at one time, then undocking and unleashing whatever weapons systems you deem to give them. Add to that the Arans capacity to reload these ships with whatever missiles you carry and with 100000 units of space that's a hell of a lot of missiles.

levvol
x2

Post by levvol » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 21:32

how do you use unfocusused drive. still no truelight seeker

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 21:39

UFJD - http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... 3a524412fc

TLS -
J-M v2.5.5 wrote:How did you beat the mission where you had to fend off the pirates who were trying to get the ship? Did you board and capture the Goner Truelight Seeker or did you simply claim it?
People will often assist more if you meet them halfway.
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Tue, 23. Aug 11, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 21:39

You have to set it in the controls menu. (for a quick use anyway) I used mine as shift+w I believe. Just find a combo of controls that isn't used and make it easy to push and viola, unfocused jump costing 5 e-cells. I do however believe that there is the option under either your personal menu or ships menu. Also, are you positively sure that you beat the Goner plot. If the unfocused jump drive doesn't work then you haven't finished it. Make sure you have a jumpdrive on that ship in the first place btw.

levvol
x2

Post by levvol » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 21:51

i capped it, as it ran off with my best marines

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 21:52

Go after it, when it stops it is yours (but you lose the marines).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

delstars
x3tc

Post by delstars » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 21:55

If you can go back to before you capture it, you can just wait till it stops moving and the pilot jumps ship and claim it. Much easier+ less loss.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”