[SCR][TC+AP] Hephaistos Corp. Station building service (beta 0.73) [Update: 06.01.17]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Mon, 10. Sep 12, 08:32

No offence taken :).
Usually the unsigned versions of scripts found in the library are a later version than their signed cousins in the bonus back.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

poeticdreamer
x4

Post by poeticdreamer » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 05:09

The unsigned version for TC doesn't check if theres room for the station, so you will get A lot of collisions.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 11. Sep 12, 19:48

***Merged with Heph Corp topic***

The unsigned version of the Hephaistos Corp. was released before X3AP came out. So it's naturally compatible to X3TC. In addition to that, the first post of this topic has a compatibility section that tells which games in which versions this script is compatible to.
thebigJ_A wrote:It's mildly curious to me that they put it in the BP for AP, yet left it out of TC. Makes me wonder why.
It wasn't included, because the TC BP hasn't been update for a while and when it was updated the last time, the Hephaistos Corp. script didn't exist.
poeticdreamer wrote:The unsigned version for TC doesn't check if theres room for the station, so you will get A lot of collisions
None of the versions checks for collisions with existing stations. While I always planned such a function, I'm not sure, if I'll ever find the time to include it. In the meantime, I think it's not that hard to check the building place before ordering to see, if there's enough free space available.
morbideth wrote:Any chance of, say, a subcontractor version of this can run on a player's TL, without the 20% fee?
No, that's not very likely. I actually don't want to mess with player property.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Oji
x3tc

Post by Oji » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 19:31

File-upload links are dead :( Including signed version uninstall script.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 21:04

I updated the links to the reset script and the uninstall archive.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Oji
x3tc

Post by Oji » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 21:28

Thanks!

During installation one file was overwritten - lib.gz.get.object.size.xml Might there be a conflict with another mode or its one left from previous signed version that wasnt removed by uninstall?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 17. Sep 12, 21:40

It's a library script by Gazz, so it may be possible that another script is using it as well. However, I think that I use the most current version, so overwriting it should have no negative effect.

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Thu, 1. Nov 12, 22:46

Does this work with the X-Tended conversion XTC 1.2a?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Nov 12, 20:18

Partly. The script itself should work. However it currently just includes the station sizes of vanilla stations. Any mod stations won't be recognized at all and that's why they will most likely be built into another.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 11:35

Great script, thanks for it!
I was about to give up on my current game, as i couldn't get myself to build up my chiplex again in vanilla after loosing my saves, but then i saw this works in TC too. Spared me at least a day or 2 IRL. Somehow i cant build 150+ complexes in less time in vanilla :o

I even built a ~100 station complex 'inside' an existing one, with 18 densely packed asteroids - and no collisions!! Wonderful.

Also like the way it is presented with NPCs and real ships doing it. If i could do quests for Heph i surely would =)

Cheers!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 9. Jan 13, 19:24

pref wrote:Great script, thanks for it!
Glad, that you like it. :)
pref wrote:Also like the way it is presented with NPCs and real ships doing it. If i could do quests for Heph i surely would =)
Maybe they will hire you someday. ;)

rferrett

Post by rferrett » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 16:53

This is boss!

Would be awseome if there was a similar thing for ships (bulk buy, fitted and delivered for a premium fee).

One of the best mods ever I think. Saves me from my terrible complex creation skills!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 17:04

rferrett wrote:Would be awseome if there was a similar thing for ships (bulk buy, fitted and delivered for a premium fee).
There is: Yalamandis Shipyard

rferrett

Post by rferrett » Tue, 22. Jan 13, 17:26

Oh my! Coolio G!

There is something to be said for coming late to the party in such a game. With everything here!

thundy
x3ap

Post by thundy » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 00:48

Is there a way to cancel the script / order once it's started? I didn't notice but it seems to have hung and only dropped two stations out of 50 I ordered but I seem to have over-written all my saves with this problem.

Can't seem to un-stick it!
Hi

The_Mess
x3tc

Post by The_Mess » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 07:45

thundy wrote:Is there a way to cancel the script / order once it's started? I didn't notice but it seems to have hung and only dropped two stations out of 50 I ordered but I seem to have over-written all my saves with this problem.

Can't seem to un-stick it!
Method's described in the first post :P

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 11:52

thundy wrote: I didn't notice but it seems to have hung and only dropped two stations out of 50 I ordered but I seem to have over-written all my saves with this problem.
Which version are you using and what kind and how many stations have you ordered? Are you using any other scripts or mods?

I'm not aware of any delivery problems like the one you described. So, if you're using the most up to date version, then I would be interested in the circumstances of your delivery problem to find out, if there's a possible bug that isn't fixed yet.

thundy
x3ap

Post by thundy » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 17:34

Normally I favourite the plex in a bookmark but since this one borked I didn't.

I can remember it though I think.

3 x Argon PAC Forge
7 x Argon Cattle Ranch L
7 x Argon Cahoon Bakery L
4 x Argon Crystal Fab L
6 x Telaadi Flak AA Forge
6 x Argon Cluster Flak Array Forge
4 x Boron Ion Cannon Forge
1 x Boron BoGas Factory L
1 x Boron BoFu Lab L
2 x Argon SPP XL
2 x Telada Flower Farm L
2 x Sunrise Oil L

Pretty sure that was all.

This was in Olmanckestat's Treaty near the middle of the asteroids. I wonder if the delivery ship hit a roid and blew up?

I used my ship as the start point then warped out.

It dropped off 2 x PAC forges and then stopped no further reports.

How do I check the version for you? I'm on Steam version of X3:AP as well - latest update of that.

Only using the Bonus Pack plugins.

Want me to upload my save or anything?
Hi

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 22:28

thundy wrote:Only using the Bonus Pack plugins.
Unfortunately, the Bonus Pack still contains an older version of the Hephaistos Corp. script. Some problems and workarounds are described in the Bonus Pack topic for the Heph Corp. However, you probably encountered one of the problems that don't have a workaround. In this case, especially as you don't have saves from before ordering the stations, there are actually only two options:
  • 1. Switch to the unsigned version of the script (instructions can be found in the opening post). This will allow you to abbort the currently running script / order process. The unsigned version is also newer than the one in Bonus Pack. It will mark your game as *modified* though.
    2. Wait for an update of the BP. To be honest, an update for the BP is planned for almost a year now, so the chances to get an update soon are not very high. From my side I have posted a *modified* test version in the Bonus pack topic and to hopefully get some Feedback on a possible updated version.

thundy
x3ap

Post by thundy » Fri, 25. Jan 13, 23:52

Ah okay. The BP version came with the Steam install if I remember right. I wasn't aware it was out of date!

I managed to get an old saved game and it didn't repeat the error so I'm all good.

Thanks for the advice though I will get a newer version of it once I suss it out :)
Hi

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”