Can rebirth do this?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Can rebirth do this?

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 3. Sep 11, 23:54

Ok so there I was. I had just reloaded my game and by fluke checked the Hub sector.

To my horror there was a Xenon J plus amaybe 10 L's in the Hub itself.

I say to my horror because two TL's filled with silicon ready for the hub missions and a couple of M6 patrols where my only defenses.

I had one asset that could survive - a boreas, currently languishing in some random boron sector.

1st thing I did was to jump in the boreas and command it to attack the J. This is when the Miracle of the M6 hapened.

The J immediately went for my stationary TL's with my single M6 defending.

That M6 was my second hand hydra I had bought hoping to get some decent marines.

The Argo (name of the Hydra) not only killed all the support L's OOS but protected both TL's until my Boreas took out the J.

All of this happened in 20 minutes of intense OOS-sector fighting. Just superb action.

I ask the dvs if this scenerio is possible in their new game?

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 00:31

Will M6s still be able to take out M7s on occasion? I hope so...

The bigger question is.. how did a Xenon M7 get into your HUB?!

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 01:50

Heh. You want OOS combat to be radically random?
A laser's damage is random there and can vary from a factor of 1 through 150some.
This is the first time I've heard someone ask for this in terms of a solution.

In any case I doubt the devs are willing to give any guarantees on the balancing of such a specific scenario just yet...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

KongRudi
x3tc

Post by KongRudi » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 01:56

Masochisto, Xenon J is a M1. :)
If it had been a M7 he would probably be in bigger troubles,the M7 class, Xenon Q's are usually heavily packed with IBL's wich rocks in OOS-combat.
But pretty awesome of the M6 to take out the 10 L's aswell as stalling the M7 long enough.

Most likely it got in there before gates were realigned, or he has realligned it to Xenon migration-paths. :)

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 03:33

I really hope that scale/size and destructiveness are on par with each other.
So opposite to what someone else said, I don't want an M6 to take out an M7. Ever.

One-on-One, it should always be the bigger ship to win.
Of course on the battlefield, a squadron of bombers should be able to do some serious work on the bigger ships.

But all you sci-fi'ers should agree that bigger is always nicer on the eyes when it's better. Would you choose an X-Wing or Super Star Destroyer? ;)

On topic, I really hope more tactics will be required for both IS and OOS fights. Making any 'reinforcements' to arrive in TC is pretty much pure luck if they get to the fight in time. I'd like to see Rebirth's combat consider everything that most RTS's do.. But is that too much to ask?
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 04:25

Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:Would you choose an X-Wing or Super Star Destroyer? ;)
Well, since the Executor was brought down by an A-Wing in the end ... :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”