Don't remember the economy being this bad...and not talking about the U.S.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

daviddowner
x3

Don't remember the economy being this bad...and not talking about the U.S.

Post by daviddowner » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 01:17

Well, I've played X3TC since it came out, and have thoroughly enjoyed sandbox mode. I've completed the video tutorial series and started a LP which got me interested in doing the HUB/PHQ plots before Rebirth comes out. So, I've started (finally) learning how to use CLS/CAG (ack!!!) and I've started stocking up on weapons etc. For 2 days now (REAL days, not game days) I've been trying to buy Energy Bolt Chainguns with my Mercury's I have stationed all around the universe in various EQD's etc. These items are never (and I mean NEVER) in stock! WTH?

I know there are instances where the economy is affected by supply and demand, and you can inject needed resources for factories and such, but for EBC's I'm not seeing ANYTHING. This is quite a bit unrealistic in ANY economic sim and quite frustrating.

Anyone know a work-around to get some EBC's flowing back into the economy?? :evil:

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 01:32

I've complained about the economy in a number of places- it is not "model" economy by any means. The supply is somewhat modelled (but synthetically constrained) but the demand is purely synthetic.

The solution that has worked fo me the most is to setup an Equipment Dock that has a the buy price set to max and a fast ship set as a commercial agent - with another ship set to sell that ware for best price. The CAG ship will buy them whenever they are available, the second ship will pull them into its hold (freeing up the EQD space) and hold onto it until it finds a buyer that it will never find because the player is the only entity in space willing to pay more than average price for weaponry or shields - despite their rarity.

I had an external logistics ship setup alongside this setup - but the "Sell ware for best price" ship ended up with a full cargo hold and hte external logistics ship's hold only had jump fuel...

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 01:33

forgot to add: Clearly, the answer to this trouble is to lower taxes on the top 2% so that they can create jobs for Energy Bolt Chaingun construction.

daviddowner
x3

Post by daviddowner » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 01:34

LOL....thx.

daviddowner
x3

Post by daviddowner » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 02:08

Getting ready to sign off for the day. 2 FULL days of gameplay down now and not ONE....SINGLE...ENERGY BOLT CHAINGUN was produced in the entire existence of mankind (or aliens for that matter) in the X3 universe after HOURS of SETA even. Amazing. :?

At least Nov 11 is getting here quickly. Skyrim will be a nice break from X. :twisted:

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 02:11

I have a similar issue in my game, except it is Flak Artillery Array thatis under produced....

Are the Energy Bolt Chaingun fabs in your game stocked with resources?

If their are few of them, maybe you could run aroud Split space in a fast M5 collecting construction missions long enough to create some more fabrication plants.

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 02:19

My solution is perhaps not the best, but it's worked for me ever since I started my game and set it up:

One TL sitting around in Herron's Nebular.

A single TS set up with a logistician CLS2 pilot. Generate waypoints for every armament I've needed, including EBCGs, PACs, PRGs, HEPTs, 200MJ shields, etc. Widest possible jump range I care to, buy for average price. Deliver up to x of each to the TL.

My weapon depot TL has always had enough stock for my needs. Special case wares, I build complexes for.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 06:50

daviddowner wrote:Getting ready to sign off for the day. 2 FULL days of gameplay down now and not ONE....SINGLE...ENERGY BOLT CHAINGUN was produced in the entire existence of mankind (or aliens for that matter) in the X3 universe after HOURS of SETA even. Amazing. :?
Yes, X3 is widely known for things like that to happen. Later on, with HUB and connecting universe, building missions, adding your own fabs, NPC economy can get pretty strong and supply you with lot of things, (but never all).

For buying off stuff from NPC fast ship with supply software is good solution in the beginning. Later you can set up EqD, with automated CLS storage (EqD are infamous by small cargo holds for certain items) and automated CAG buying ship. Works great.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 07:59

Why are you only checking Equipment Docks? EBCs aren't produced there, they're produced at EBC forges and then have to be shipped to the EqDs from there. You'd be better off going straight to the source.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 08:07

I once built a mega-plex supplying every armament available.
Plus all shields.

This was in Reunion.
Elysium of light.

I had it on one side of the sector.
The other side of the sector I had another mega-plex for all the resources needed for the Ship Construction PHQ.

Minerals had to be imported.
Excess products were sold to the Goners to build up Goner Rep.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 08:32

TTD wrote: The other side of the sector I had another mega-plex for all the resources needed for the Ship Construction PHQ.
I thought about this too. On the end I made my HUB gathering point for all resources(pair of CAGs buying them all over the universe), and one CLS freighter towing resources to HQ. Works like a charm.

daviddowner
x3

Post by daviddowner » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 13:45

Thanks. I finally gave in and spent my initial reserves on a Mammoth (not wasted by any means) and a small EBC complex ;)

After I arm my fledgling fleet, I'm sure I can just sell the EBCs - since they MUST be in demand lol.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Sun, 4. Sep 11, 15:41

Well if your freighters are trying to buy EBC's then you should look for build missions. Chances are you will find one for an EBC forge.

That's what happened in my game with FAA. I picked up 2 build missions to build FAA forges. So I got paid for the build missions then picked up trade missions to fill those stations with resources... profitssss

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 13:59

Well I have had a similar problem with Hammer torpedo fabrication facility + hammer torpedos there was ONLY ONE factory left in the game and it produced so slowly in addition my first M7 was an M7M I don't think that needs a picture as to why it was a problem :o
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 16:55

Masochisto wrote:forgot to add: Clearly, the answer to this trouble is to lower taxes on the top 2% so that they can create jobs for Energy Bolt Chaingun construction.
LOL, I am in your camp! (45% marginal tax rate here).

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 18:07

Best is if you keep the economy alive.
EQ set not to let NPCs buy anything
Few CAG pilots will sell the stuff as fast as it possible
Many regular traders buys every equipment. Set 1 credit less than the averrage.
Complexes provides all the resources and they also buy everything if the price is lower than its own.
Few sector traders at core sectors also keep the weapon n other equipment NPC factories busy.

Crystal and silicon production is never enough if you set the prices to minimum and let other traders to come in.
Best if you making few complexes which have nothing else just crystal n energy cells inside. CAG pilots set to do not trade with my other factories. Additional silicon traders will buy from your and NPC mines too
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Don't remember the economy being this bad...and not talking about the U.S.

Post by Nanook » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 00:36

daviddowner wrote:...
Anyone know a work-around to get some EBC's flowing back into the economy?? :evil:
Yes, get quite a number of LT's/UT's working in your universe. I currently have 20 LT's scattered about, generally with a range of 2. Over time, the economy gradually improved overall, resulting in more and more weapons and other high tech getting produced by the NPC's. This resulted in more NPC resource producing factories, which helped even more. You need to stimulate the economy, just like in the real world, by providing money and jobs. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”