bombers killing stations in less that a second?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Skillzfire
x3ap

bombers killing stations in less that a second?

Post by Skillzfire » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 20:35

i am at that point where all station deffends have a bomber or 2, this is normaly ok, when they don't use there missiles but recently since i installed CODEA they barrage all the time killing the station, is how can i deffend against a swarm of T halks? no way in hell i am putting my TL infrount of them so suggestions?

(i am flying a elephant atm surprisingly good in combat took on a M7 and won :D god bless IBL's) have a few falcon haulers and busters, oddly 2 descos for some reason )

any help would be appreciated
skillz
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

garv222

Post by garv222 » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 22:25

My suggestion is using something faster and more mobile then the elephant. Don't trust the AI to do it either. Shooting down Tomahwaks yourself isn't too much trouble. Try intercepting the bombers when they spawn at gates.

Possible alternative might be putting a deimos near the station controlled by you of course and put out a forward projecting PSG wave.

You could also launch a ton of drones to snipe the bombers. Their shielding isn't that high.

It seems a bit difficult for you to intercept bombers with your current assets though. The elephant is too bulky to accomplish the task. Falcon Haulers are too slow. Buster might have the speed, but the shielding makes it risky. Maybe you could move the wing into a good intercept position before you take the mission. Have your elephant near by to fire at any missiles that streak past you. EBC should have decent enough range to cover a 4 km wide area.
Last edited by garv222 on Tue, 6. Sep 11, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 23:56

Mass Driver armed Buster Raiders are excellent for this sort of thing.

For the bombers themselves, pop a couple Hornets, those will smash any of them in a single blow.

Also, station your Elephant between the station and the gate of entry, and use mosquitoes to pick off the tomahawks. I think assigning a couple of Discoverers to protect the station with Missile Defense Mosquito (C)onvoy should cause them to automatically shoot down the incoming Tomahawks as if they were aimed at them.

Honestly, you're only supposed to use one, but with something like the Tomahawks, you're going to want all the fire in the air you can get.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 02:23

yeah i suppose, i do like my elephant though it is a machine of death the way i have it set up but it is to big and the i dont trust the AI with it, i think il do it myself il get my dragon from wevers tempest and do missions in that, whilst we are on the subject of bombers what are your epxirances are they good?
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 02:30

A mid speed ship armed with Ion Distruptor. This weapon requires a bit more attention. Do not use it if friendly forces in range. You dont even have to aim on missiles. just the guns point to nearby. If you hit the enemy menawhile it launches his rockets then that is most excellent.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 03:24

Bombers are excellent ships. They are stand off attack platforms, not fighters, but they'll give you anti-capital punch in fighter wings. CODEA bombers are even more useful.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

deca.death
x3tc

Re: bombers killing stations in less that a second?

Post by deca.death » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 08:43

Skillzfire wrote:i am at that point where all station deffends have a bomber or 2, this is normaly ok, when they don't use there missiles but recently since i installed CODEA they barrage all the time killing the station, is how can i deffend against a swarm of T halks?
Put something big and mean at the closest gates /at entry point (like Tyr fully armed with SSCs : ) but any anti fighter platform will do the job. Just hit them with something as soon as they enter.

Other suggestions are valid, both PSG and IonD will kill missiles in great radius. Not sure if MMD(c) will react to station target but if it doesn't you could always kill t.hawks manually, using mossies ot typhoons.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 10:56

Using CODEA myself so I know what you mean. A Cerberus armed solely with FAA/CFAs will do the job very well, parked next to the gate it will takeout anything from M5-M6/M8 in seconds. :wink:

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 14:16

Any of the missiles which re-target will pick missiles (tempest does this & I think can be used by some m3's). Not sure if they rank below ships or just have to be the nearest enemy. Other than that, since you're already modded, you could look to MARS' goblins for help :)

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Gazz
x4

Re: bombers killing stations in less that a second?

Post by Gazz » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 16:19

Skillzfire wrote:i am at that point where all station deffends have a bomber or 2, this is normaly ok, when they don't use there missiles but recently since i installed CODEA they barrage all the time killing the station, is how can i deffend against a swarm of T halks?
With MARS you can indeed assign drones to protect a station from missiles.

It's not an automatic feature but beats having to target every single missile yourself and having to constantly watch out for eventual bombers.
That's what minions are for!
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Post by Automatic Jack » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 20:29

Skillzfire wrote:yeah i suppose, i do like my elephant though it is a machine of death the way i have it set up...
I felt the same way about my Ryu and had many happy days flying in a TL but then I got a destroyer and my eyes were opened because of...
Gazz wrote: ... MARS ...
My jaw dropped the first time I heard "Pest Control Activated" and my turrets switched from HEPTs to CFAs and all the fighters, missiles and anything else looking at me with an unkind eye disappear in fiery explosions of death and shrapnel.

MARS is awesome, thanks for that Gazz.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”