X Rebirth Question - Nothing Big!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lair360

X Rebirth Question - Nothing Big!

Post by lair360 » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 21:26

Question: when I looked at 'GameCom 2011' from youtube, nobody had asked these 'simple' question. Therefore, I would like to ask nicely if the developers can answer it... PLEASE? With cherry and berries on top?? :D

- Will X-Rebirth support multi-core technology?

- Will X-Rebirth support Ati 6990 GPU + Nvidia GTX 590?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 21:42

first ones already been confirmed.

as for the other, i assume u mean sli/crossfire support ?

this isn't something the game generally needs to support, most of the time is down to the drivers instead

lair360

Post by lair360 » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 21:51

Cycrow wrote:first ones already been confirmed.

this isn't something the game generally needs to support, most of the time is down to the drivers instead
It's not crossfire I am asking. It's about: 'Will the engine support these powerful cards? Yes or No?'

From what I know from other developers (different games), some game does support 'next-gen' gpu very well...

Thank you!

Edit: thanks for the 1st question! Appreciate it! :)

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 22:16

Why wouldn't a game support the latest graphic cards? In fact, I don't know of any game that doesn't support anything above a certain minimum. You can play Dune 2 or somesuch on your HD6990...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 22:30

Merroc wrote:In fact, I don't know of any game that doesn't support anything above a certain minimum. You can play Dune 2 or somesuch on your HD6990...
But that is a DOS game, isn't it? Played in Dosbox or such. Try Red Alert (first in C&C series for Windows). "Works", but colours are psychedelic (Nvidia).

Nevertheless, games that run on generation X run on X+1 too. They might not make use of the full potential, but is that a real problem?

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 22:37

Nope its a direct x 9 game so wont fully support the latest cards feature wise.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

lair360

Post by lair360 » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 23:07

Skeeter wrote:Nope its a direct x 9 game so wont fully support the latest cards feature wise.
So, let me get this straight: X Rebirth is programed to run on Direct X9? If that is the case, then I am fine with my next gen GPU purchase. I've played Starport Gemini just to test FPS and many more. But, it runs alright without hiccups... :wink:

P.S. If I am wrong, then sorry, my bad... the conversation above me just confused me.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 23:08

lair360 wrote:
Cycrow wrote:first ones already been confirmed.

It's not crossfire I am asking. It's about: 'Will the engine support these powerful cards? Yes or No?'

From what I know from other developers (different games), some game does support 'next-gen' gpu very well...

Thank you!

Edit: thanks for the 1st question! Appreciate it! :)
actually, it is crossfire/sli you are asking a bout, as both cards you mention are dual gpu cards, ie they are crossfire/sli cards.

any problems other games might have with them is not because they are the latest cards, but because they are dual gpu crossfire/sli cards.

but as i said, its upto the graphics drivers, not the game to support it properly

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 23:44

Traditionally , with the current crop of X games, they are more CPU intensive than GPU.

If Egosoft has followed the same route,then any decent graphics card will be ok,but watch for the GPU specs when released.

"Recommended" or above ,usually works out as preferable to minimum specs ,in these games.

Even i7's have problems with TC when the game is maxed out with a lot happening in sectors with mega-plexes !

rrfarmer
x4

Post by rrfarmer » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 22:04

Merroc wrote:But that is a DOS game, isn't it? Played in Dosbox or such. Try Red Alert (first in C&C series for Windows). "Works", but colours are psychedelic (Nvidia).
Oh c'mon, just end "explorere.exe" and everything is fine.
Works on my SLI of 2x 570GTX. :)
idk the fps i get but it might be in the thousands. lol.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”