[X3:TC] What's this about a drone ship I can pick up?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

IronCrux
x3tc

[X3:TC] What's this about a drone ship I can pick up?

Post by IronCrux » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 08:49

So I was on hiatus from X3TC when I noticed the DLC on steam. I fire up X3TC to do my thing but remember getting some message about I've been given a drone ship. I just need to go pick it up. I come back now and there's no mission log and nothing in my chat logs. Maybe it didn't get saved because I was on my way to blow up the nearest SPP regardless of who it belonged to, it was late, and I just bailed after getting the achievement.

Any idea what plot line this was?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Drone ship

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 08:58

sorry only drone ship i now of is the griffon which failed but was a reward for ff.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 13:27

It's the Griffon, the reward they added for the Final Fury plotline--if you completed that before the relevant patch (it has nothing to do with the Steam DLC) then it should be in your list of owned ships, parked in Legend's Home IIRC.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 14:13

It should be in sector M148 where you did the OFF plot. It doesn't work as a drone frigate though, not in vanilla anyways.

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 14:24

It is a pretty darn good M7, though. And you can't really beat the cost. :D
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

IronCrux
x3tc

Post by IronCrux » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 17:06

Thank you, sirs!

Now it's coming back to me. I loaded up the save where I had a bigger fleet, notably fully stocked bombers to take out the SPP. In that save I had completed the Final Fury plot. My current play through I have yet to plant the satellite. That might explain why I'm not seeing it.

Although I was kind of hoping it was a new plot line. "Here's a prototype drone ship, too bad the boffins weren't able to get it working." Then someone else comes along and says "Hey buddy, wanna get that ship fully functional, go get me a bazillion cahoonas."

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 18:12

IronCrux wrote: Although I was kind of hoping it was a new plot line.

Well don't be disappointed. I's a mighty unique vessel with many uses. It's not capship killer, but it is pretty much everything else. Great weapon generators, good shields, cargo, carries 9 fighters and very, very small frame, quite quick and agile too. There is no better ship for frying off the shields of boarding targets.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 8. Sep 11, 19:24

And another plus, there's possibly two more plots since you last played. A new home and balance of power.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”