No, Boron, This is MY Sector.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TheCoolSideofthePillow

No, Boron, This is MY Sector.

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 04:40

I went through all the plots in a new game and I am slowly building up a decent army in my player sector (Spires of Elusion :D).

Now, I haven't really done much with this sector before... Actually I never did anything with it because I only ever did the HUB and Bala Gi missions. But it is MY sector right?

Then why are the Boron patrolling and building orbital defense platforms in my sector? They might be building in the HUB, too... I'm gonna have to look! :O

I don't think it could be from a mod. The only one I have installed that alters AI behavior is Improved Races, but I haven't turned anything on other than player sector takeover so I could have more than just the 2. I did build a jumpgate to my player sector (Jumpgate Construction Mod); could that have something to do with it? Or is this just normal AI behavior?

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 04:45

Don't know about Orbital Defense Platforms, but even in vanilla, NPC warships will travel through the Hub regularly on their patrol routes, simply because the gates they would travel through were redirected to the Hub. I've even seen a few pitched battles take place between patrols and pirates.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 05:09

Yeah, ships I know about. Link up Kingdom End with a Pirate/Xenon sector and watch the fun. :lol:

But I haven't seen anyone build stations in the HUB, and this is really the first time I've had a sector that was actually mine without cheating, so I don't know if other people building stations is normal vanilla behavior or possibly something from a mod.

I'm not complaining, really; they build the defense platform right between the PHQ and the gate I built, so anything tries to get aggressive, it's probably not gonna have a good time. It's Boron, and they're pretty cool dudes.

Lelouch
x3tc

Post by Lelouch » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 08:05

Have a second look at Improved Races. I strongly suspect this mod to be responsible.

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 08:06

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:, so I don't know if other people building stations is normal vanilla behavior or possibly something from a mod.
It's a mod allright. My bet is on 'Improved races'. Strange behavior, but interesting too! Leave them be, it only benefits you : )

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 11:03

I think you will find that it's a feature of 'improved races', in vanilla races don't build anything outside of their own sectors. I would be a bit dubious of letting other races build in my sector, you know it will all end in tears. :P

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 11:53

Yeah thats improved races. I've had that mod build stations in the hub sector, outside the walls of the hub...
Word of caution tho. If for some reason all your assets in that sector get destroyed, then that sector will be taken over by the boron. Taking it back will irritate them a lot.. ;p

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 13:03

Yes its IR causing the problem and its easy to explain too.

The player sector is truly set as unknown sector, it only shows the player as owner due to a small trick. This has technical reasons and is how it should be in vanilla.

Now since IR does claim unknown sectors it will go and do that in your player sector. To fix this you have to actually claim the sector, then IR will leave it alone. This is done quite easy using a cheat script or just creating one to do that just for the player sector.

MFG

Ketraar

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 14:07

Shouldn't he be able to use IR's own sector take over to 'claim' the player sector?
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 14:16

Triaxx2 wrote:Shouldn't he be able to use IR's own sector take over to 'claim' the player sector?
Yes, but this will have a negative effect on the Boron rep. There's also nothing stopping them from trying to take it over again, especially if he has low rep with the Boron's. One of the reasons I stay clear of behaviour altering scripts. :roll:

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 14:52

No I'm pretty sure he owns the sector, its just that script will build stuff in your sectors randomly. The same will occur if you take over a random unknown sector, at some point builders will be along and build random stuff, usually including a military base or OWP.
The boron wouldn't be able to claim it, unless all his assets in there get destroyed.
In one game playing with that script I ended up with tons of paranid stations in my Avarice. Including a Mil base. Was pretty handy as it goes.
Although the building in the hub thing annoyed me.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 23:01

It's actually easier to prevent that behavior all together. Just don't claim the sector. I didn't with Avarice but I went ahead and built stations there. No race can claim it, becuase I am not hostile to them, and they cannot build any stations because I didn't claim the sector either. I build my stuff and they stay out.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 13. Sep 11, 23:52

Infekted wrote:No I'm pretty sure he owns the sector
No he doesn't, its set as unknown, I should know that, I was there doing it :-P

@Osiris454
iirc IR claims unknown sectors too and that's the issue here.

In any case in a vanilla universe this is not something that should happen in any sector.

MFG

Ketraar

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 00:56

Ketraar wrote:@Osiris454
iirc IR claims unknown sectors too and that's the issue here.

In any case in a vanilla universe this is not something that should happen in any sector.

MFG

Ketraar
IR can't claim a sector with a station or capital ship in it. Once the first station is in then IR would have to destroy the station before it could take the sector. If you're on good terms with all the races, then that's not possible unless there is a 'friendly fire' incident.

EDIT: Still, in a vanilla universe, this is not an issue.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”