Fragmintation Bomb Launcher and the *Modified* Tag

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

corhen
x3tc

Fragmintation Bomb Launcher and the *Modified* Tag

Post by corhen » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 07:58

hey all, LONG time since i last posted here. im currently doing a non *modified* playthough, and while enjoying it more than i thought i would, i still have a question

I was wondering if there was any way to either tone down the sound of the fragmantation bomb launcher, or, idealy, remove the sound entierly, not only is it increadibly loud, but one volley can cause so many sound effects that all other sounds start cutting out!

Im wondering if anyone knows of a method

thanks

Corhen
Jovianmoon wrote:
apricotslice wrote:...auto-pillok...
Are we ready to collide with that asteroid?
Yes sir! Engaging auto-pillock!

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 18:14

You can do it by editing t-bullits and setting it lower but it will

a) need a mini mod therefore modified
b) you would need to get your head around the editor to do it (very easy once you know, pita if you don't)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 19:27

what about, is there any way to simply delete the sound file? i have done this for other games, and ususally it works to some degree or another.
Jovianmoon wrote:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 20:58

IIRC, all sounds have been concatenated into one file. Therefore, to play a sound one gives offset (starting point) and lenght. One could modify the file ...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 21:48

jlehtone wrote:IIRC, all sounds have been concatenated into one file. Therefore, to play a sound one gives offset (starting point) and lenght. One could modify the file ...
actually, all voices are in a single file.

sound effects however are all seperate wav files, and they are in the s directory, inside the cat/dat files

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 21:53

and if i changed that sound effect inside the CAT/DAT, it would give me a modified tag...
o well, once i have enough "hats" read achivments, ill switch over to the X reballence mod.. which looks SEXY!!!
Jovianmoon wrote:

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 14:46

Is there any program that can modify the voices file? I mean, first you need to rip the file apart, remove the old sample, inject the new sample, put the file back together, and alter the entire index for that single change...

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 17. Sep 11, 10:23

corhen wrote:and if i changed that sound effect inside the CAT/DAT, it would give me a modified tag...
I doubt it would. Changing signed things is what adds the modified tag, and I don't think sound effects are signed. Open up the .cat/.dat pair with the Mod Manager (not Plugin Manager) or X3 Editor 2 and rename the proper file extension from .wav to .bak and start up the game. If it adds the modified tag, don't save and name the file back to the way it was.
Bobucles wrote:Is there any program that can modify the voices file? I mean, first you need to rip the file apart, remove the old sample, inject the new sample, put the file back together, and alter the entire index for that single change...
Any sound editing program can edit the voices file. The problem is that you're editing a 257MB sound file that's over 12 hours long. It'd be much easier to stick a new sample on the end and edit the references file.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”