Get X2:TC before X:Rebirth or wait?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spartuz
x3tc

Get X2:TC before X:Rebirth or wait?

Post by Spartuz » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 21:38

Hi All,
New here hopping for some advice. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.
I am into space sims from what I can remember my last being Descent: Free Space (1&2) and for long time haven't played anything too serious on PC (not much time for anything after getting married and raising two kids). I've been following X universe games starting X2 and even played it for a short while but as I mentioned life has it's priorities. My question is; should I buy X3:TC now and invest my happy time or wait it out for X: Rebirth?
Any advice would be great!
Cheers!

Lbano
x4

Post by Lbano » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 22:03

Hi!
I don't know much about Rebirth yet, but I know that Terran Conflict is an excellent space simulation game (make sure you have installed the latest patch). I enjoy playing Terran Conflict now that I have figured out the basics (and some more) and I always return to it. The choice is yours and TC is great :D

Lbano

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 23:02

Yeah, we don't know too much about Rebirth yet. It sounds like they are trying to make it friendlier to beginners then previous X games so there's an argument for waiting.

However, if you can get past X3's rough edges and brutal learning curve it's a truly wonderful sand-box space sim and there is no guarantee that Rebirth will offer the same or better experience.

Personally, i'd recommend jumping straight into TC but I am unashamedly biased :wink:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 14. Sep 11, 23:13

If you played X2 The Threat, then you will find TC very enjoyable,once you get past the initial learning wall.

As for Rebirth,it seems it will be a very different type of game but with attributes from the current series such as trading and building etc.

As said above,the choice is yours,but you might have a long wait for Rebirth.

If you can get the Superbox Edition of X-games,then you will have all the main releases since X-BTF ,all in one collection and patched to play on Windows 7 ,if you have it.

Spartuz
x3tc

Post by Spartuz » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 05:21

Great thanks all for your input. I will definitely jump into X3:TC then and try to do as much damage as I can before Rebirth is out.
Cheers!

Serich
x3

Post by Serich » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 17:18

I started with X3:Reunion, which I think is an excellent game. I have TC but have not fired it up yet

deca.death
x3tc

Re: Get X2:TC before X:Rebirth or wait?

Post by deca.death » Thu, 15. Sep 11, 18:52

Spartuz wrote: should I buy X3:TC now and invest my happy time or wait it out for X: Rebirth?
Any advice would be great!
Cheers!
TC is exceptional game in every sense. I'm almost on verge recommending you not to try it, because if you do like this kind of games (chances are that you wouldn't be here if you didn't) it's highly addictive and it will most probably ruin your social life. Also you might forget about other games. Unlike other games it can hold you for month even ages. It would be pity not to even try game like that.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”