xbtf/xtension on mobil?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

should we have xbtf/xtension on android/i-phone

yes
56%
no
44%

Total votes: 9

nithilak
x4

xbtf/xtension on mobil?

Post by nithilak » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 03:58

I am wondering if it could be possible to have the original XBTF and X-TENSION emulated for android/I-phone,, preferably android, as i am an android user, but i-phone too as to not be selfish. It seems most mobils should be able to handle it pretty well these days. Ive been searching and searching for a good space sim for my android phone, but the best ive found is a game called StarPagga. an ok fps space shooter, but nothing with, well all the great elements that the x series has, it seems x-tension would be not only a huge hit in the android market, but an AWESOME way to re-live the gold old days when it all started. I have been playing XBTF since the beginning.. dont have as much time in front of a computer these days. but i ALWAYS have my mobil. just a thought,, can we have it pleaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssssse!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? come on everybody,, maybe if enough of us cry out in desperation for this, the very awesome folks at egosoft might deliver!!!!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 08:27

No...put on Sony PSP :roll:

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 11:23

Now there is a silly idea ; )

Game complex as X on damn mobile phone LOL

UI should be completely rewritten, hell game should be completely rewritten ; )

nithilak
x4

Post by nithilak » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 18:34

Its really not that complicated. I COULD emulate it myself. But not going to without permission. I HAVE actually loaded the files on my android, mine happens to be a low res phone lg optimus m. And ran the game using adosbox. But controls and such are necxt to impossible. The first xbtf / x-tension, arent that complex actually. But reworking the controls would be the most time consuming part. But its done alll the time. ;)

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 20:18

A game whose UI is made up almost entirely of hotkeys, played on a phone with a tiny little keyboard - or no keyboard at all, but a touch screen? Exercise in frustration. The game would have to have its controls ripped apart, and probably need a complete UI overhaul to work at all on a phone, not something Egosoft should be focusing on at the moment when all's said and done. :wink:
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 20:50

I refuse to play without a plugin mini joystick peripheral for said smartphone. ;)
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 20:56

You mean like this? :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 21:38

You might not want to carry that set up in your shirt pocket. You would get the funniest looks! :roll:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 22:06

:rofl:

BarneyMcGrew
x3tc

Post by BarneyMcGrew » Sat, 17. Sep 11, 11:31

If Nithilak says he can do it, then egososft please give permission, what's the harm. If he's successful just say he can only offer it to registered forum members or organise some sort of share of profits.

What's the harm, wont cost egosoft any time or money and there are a few of us with long dull journeys to and from work that would enjoy it. Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and deca.death is proved right.
You shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet - Abraham Lincoln

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 17. Sep 11, 12:51

I can run my desktop PC from my Android tablet. So long as I run the game in windowed mode...

I was pondering this the other day; the problem I see is the controls. TC type controls would work better, You'd meed something simpler to run on the device though.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 17. Sep 11, 15:42

The UI with TC makes use of mouse or other cursor control devices a lot easier, but I still find that I can navigate the menus and control the ship much better using mouse/keyboard/joystick combos.

This I guess would be difficult to implement on a smartphone ?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”