Tractor Beams.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dryfus3368
x3tc

Tractor Beams.

Post by dryfus3368 » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 08:24

Seems I cant find a Tractor Beam to save my life. I know they are paranid, but WTH. I've been to (I think) all the paranid sectors, and still can't find one??? Anyone know where I can find one. BTW am playing X3TC 3.1.1 with bonus pack.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Tractor beams

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 08:54

Stations are in third redemption or can be purchased at Paranid shipyard for 17mil or so to build your own

dryfus3368
x3tc

Re: Tractor beams

Post by dryfus3368 » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 09:15

shaun bergin wrote:third redemption

doh :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: I must have missed them when I went through there.

EDIT: For stupid typing errors

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 14:16

If you check the in-game encycolpedia entry for an item, it'll give you a list of stations you've "discovered" that buy, sell or trade (i.e.: EQ docks) that particular item. This can be a good way to find stuff without having to manually search explored space.

Even if you've never actually clicked on the station itself, they'll still show up as long as at least one of your ships has passed close enough to pick it up within scanner range.

dryfus3368
x3tc

Post by dryfus3368 » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 14:27

yea I know. But Apparently I hadn't been in that system, before I went on a wild rampage looking for one to tow a station I dropped for a mission 56km away from the beacon(accidentally hit enter when I was going to hit the insert key).

Ahh well. Of course it just occurred to me that I could have gone back into the encyclopedia and looked it up after I did that :DOH: :oops:

David Howland
x3tc

Enjoy!

Post by David Howland » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 14:28

Enjoy the challenge dryfus3368 of learning to use this tool!
It just so happens that the most useful item to move are mines and because of their size and weight are the most difficult to drag!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 15:47

Its not that hard in TC? Ok it's boring but not hard...

Back when they used to spin, now that sounded hard!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 16:25

They still spin sometimes, though usually it's a desired effect. towing into a screen for a gate is a complete pain in the neck.

Mostly it's a matter of connecting the beam to the end of the docking arm, and pulling in a straight line. Worked pretty well in R, though, you didn't want to go more than 20m/s most of the time.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

detees

Post by detees » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 16:30

I never have any problems using the tractor beam. im just taking my vidar and shoot with the TB at the end of the dockingports. then just go full speed (80m/s) and pull my mine where i want it to be. no spinning, just straight following.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”