[TC] Dead is Dead - Wasting my time!?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

When will I die?

Before completing a single plot - You don't stand a chance!
25%
After one - Even noobs get lucky!
9%
Maybe two - You aren't getting a trophy!
6%
Three - Even noobs get lucky sometimes!
9%
Four - There's a few easy ones!
9%
Five - If you can get the rewards from the first few plots, this should be a cake walk!
6%
Six - I have some faith in noob luck!
No votes
Seven - Seven is a lucky number right?
3%
Eight - You're going to get so close you'll rage quit X3 forever!
6%
Nine - I believe in miracles!
25%

Total votes: 32

Sathayorn
x4

[TC] Dead is Dead - Wasting my time!?

Post by Sathayorn » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 09:07

Inspired by someone else and their DiD, I decided to try my own, I only have something like 800 hours logged I think, highest combat ranking achieved is only assassin, and the last 20 or so DiD games have ended in embarrassing failure... (The most annoying of which was when I exploded for no reason :evil: )

That being said, I'm going to live by a few rules still...

All ships must be rewarded, captured, built or purchased used for resale purposes. - Exception - I can buy a single used ship for myself (I really want a falcon sentinel)

Either way, I posted this about 7 and a half game hours in, this is my last attempt at getting the Die Hard achievement.

Assets:

Fujin - Personal Ship
Dolphin Tanker
Demeter Miner
693915 Credits

Edited - hours not days

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 12:40

I'm not actually that good of a pilot, so even with over a game-month logged (about five months real time), I end up getting killed at least twice a week. If I tried a Dead is Dead game, I'd probably ragequit in about, oh, six hours.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

BDK
x3ap

Post by BDK » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 14:25

Well your save will stop working randomly and then you're screwed. Mine is already lost in space.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 21:41

BDK wrote:Well your save will stop working randomly and then you're screwed. Mine is already lost in space.
This

EDIT: Unless you're not talking about Steam Dead-is-Dead function. In which case you can aim easily for 4-5 plots, and with some dedication maybe you'll get them all. Just need a LOT of patience :D
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 22:20

Steam DiD is possibly the worst implemented feature I've seen in a while. Sadly.

Regular DiD is perfectly fine.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sathayorn
x4

Post by Sathayorn » Fri, 30. Sep 11, 23:58

Actually I'm using Steam DiD - So I fully expect that there is a small chance it will mess up before I do

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 00:12

Not patient enough for any true DiD game. Kudos to those who do, however!
-- GD

Sathayorn
x4

Post by Sathayorn » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 07:51

One and a half game time days in - And still in one piece!

Advice to those prone to making silly mistakes, when jumping into Kha'ak sectors, make sure you have enough energy cells to jump back out - using my Dolphin Hauler to buy energy cells and jump to Kha'ak sector to dump some and retreat is not fun, especially with those guys spawning in as I head for the energy cells - Luckily I was in one of the best M3's, (In my opinion, based on shielding alone) the Falcon Sentinel!

O:FF - Started (obviously)
TC: Halfway done!
Split and Paranid don't want to kill me!

Assets:

Falcon Sentinel - Aegis - My personal ship
Dolphin Hauler - Manual Trader
Vulture Tanker - CAG
Demeter Miner - Mining ship!
Fujin - Maybe exploration?
Advanced Discoverer - Credits perhaps?
One factory (not going to go into details with factories)
2091367 Credits

To do:
Get 5 more EBCG's for Aegis
Equip TS's with Shields
Equip Demeter Miner with Laser

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 09:33

Good luck. I'm not brave enough to try DID myself.

Avoid the 'roid.

Especially the ones that due to sector lighting (or lack thereof in some
cases) are black and hence invisible until you smack into them.

Not sure which sectors those are in.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 09:38

brucewarren wrote:Good luck. I'm not brave enough to try DID myself.

Avoid the 'roid.

Especially the ones that due to sector lighting (or lack thereof in some
cases) are black and hence invisible until you smack into them.

Not sure which sectors those are in.
After some 40 or so tries, and thousand of play time logged, I finally got the Never Say Die achievement (No not Die Hard yet :-) After dieing countless times, you will finally learn from your mistakes.

Beware: If you have Steam DLC, forget it, Steam would drop your save games. Only non-DLC accounts work for me.

Sathayorn
x4

Post by Sathayorn » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 06:10

Minor update - Near the point of rage quitting... Blowing up a lot of trade ships, must have been 20 or more, still not getting a pilot to bail, TC is becoming a difficult story for me, split hate me now, will get back to this once I'm a little less irritated (going to take hours to get the split to not want me dead anymore)

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 14:38

Sathayorn wrote:Minor update - Near the point of rage quitting... Blowing up a lot of trade ships, must have been 20 or more, still not getting a pilot to bail, TC is becoming a difficult story for me, split hate me now, will get back to this once I'm a little less irritated (going to take hours to get the split to not want me dead anymore)
If you want to make money by selling capped ships, you don't need to blow them up. The bail check happens few hits after the target ship hull goes below 87.5%. Which means all you have to do is attack the ship until its hull is somewhere below 80%. If it hadn't bailed just let it go (try apologizing) and find a new one. This way you don't suffer a huge rep loss which you get upon destroying the ship.

I had a full disassembly of bail mechanism somewhere, let me check... found it!. It's enclosed in spoiler tags for a reason though, read at your own risk ;)
Fast sector selection on the Universe Map | Rock locations for Mobile/OOS mining | Botting for max speed Hyperion | Complete list of ship sources | Capturing smaller ships

My current ship collection:
11 out of 11 *retired* ships found
17 out of 17 *unique* ships found
9 out of 9 *limited* ships found
16 out of 16 *rare* ships found

Sathayorn
x4

Post by Sathayorn » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 21:17

Actually I wasn't trying to cap ships to sell, I was trying to complete a mission objective - which I completed, silly me forgot i had to scan the ship... Though since I'm not allowed to buy ships, I might have to take a look at that link.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 02:52

Don't do those unless you've got the NPC Bailing Add-On mod from S&M. They're just impossible until they're boarding targets rather than bailing ships.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sathayorn
x4

Post by Sathayorn » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 03:06

Happy Update 1 of (hopefully) 9!

Yaaay, the Terrans didn't kill me for going to Earth!
Unfortunately I used the X3 screenshot button instead of the steam one for taking the 1/3 completion on Survivor... So if anyone would be so kind as to tell me how to find the screenshot, if it even worked - I would greatly appreciate it!

Another annoying thing about Terran space - taking 3% shield damage on 2 200mj shields for colliding with... Space? I've lost a DiD game because of this while I was in a Rapier... Does anyone know why you sometimes take a collision in Space with nothing around to hit?

Either way! Assets include... Spoiler tagged for people who don't want to know about rewards...

Spoiler
Show
Aegis - Still my personal ship
Vidar - Needs Armaments
2 Scabbard - Marine holding cells
Claymore - I think this is getting scrapped, too much hassle getting the Missiles...
Fujin - Just can't bring myself to sell this hunk of scrap...
Enhanced Jaguar - Possibly the new scout ship, once I can get it tuned up
Advanced Discoverer - Scrap!
Vulture Tanker - CAG
Demeter Miner - Mining Ship!
Dolphin Hauler - Manual Trader
1954646 credits
I guess this means I have to end the poll...

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 03:08

Triaxx2 wrote:Don't do those unless you've got the NPC Bailing Add-On mod from S&M. They're just impossible until they're boarding targets rather than bailing ships.
He is playing DiD, S&M is out of the picture.

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 03:15

Honestly, it might be a cool idea if X3 is the perfect game with everything work as intended. As it stands however there are many random way to die that you're more or less have no control of so DiD to me is the samething as waking up one day and find out your save game is corrupted :p

Sathayorn
x4

Post by Sathayorn » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 05:57

Found the Screenshots!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

That is all...

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 08:13

Steam DiD is the best thing since sliced bread in my honest opinion. It's a completely random universe everytime and you are just as likely to be mowed down by a drunk M2 pilot coming through a gate as you are being jumped by pirates at the worst possible moment. I love it. Real DiD is something you can either do or cannot do. I console myself by saying I haven't completed all the plots yet in DiD. :D

(Comp crashes and unstable systems are what make it unenjoyable and that's neither egosoft nor steams fault. Lost 2 games due to some RAM on the way oput last year which was very frustrating.)
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Sathayorn
x4

Post by Sathayorn » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 11:13

Well... I blame the Split for this one...

Death by Turbo Booster... Pressed H when I meant to press J

Either way, I had a blast with my Vidar! I felt Invincible! Alas... The military base proved me otherwise...

But hah! Majority vote was wrong!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”