What we need to know

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 21:08

Decimatarius wrote:Shootist
Like do u customise this ship for all guns and little shielding or do u ballance it, or do i put loads of shields on it and anti fighter guns on it and send it in first to draw fire away from the gun ships.
Or my favourite style in all the games that support it:

Strap as many hangars as you can on it, no weapons, and no defensive measures, and keep the mothership far from harm. And then unleash the bees.

I call it the "hive" tactic. Beehives have no defenses, punch it and it'll break. But god help you if it sends it's flying death machines against you!

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 21:13

Dantrithor wrote:
Or my favourite style in all the games that support it:

Strap as many hangars as you can on it, no weapons, and no defensive measures, and keep the mothership far from harm. And then unleash the bees.

I call it the "hive" tactic. Beehives have no defenses, punch it and it'll break. But god help you if it sends it's flying death machines against you!
Yeh just sit back and watch the fireworks.....quite literally.
Oh and hope that your fireworks last longer than theirs :P

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:17

One thing though is how do we aquire these drones. Do we have the ability to build them onboard ship to replace lost drones, or do we just build/buy them at stations I wonder... Would be nice if capitals at least have the ability to repair or replace lost drones.

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:22

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:One thing though is how do we aquire these drones. Do we have the ability to build them onboard ship to replace lost drones, or do we just build/buy them at stations I wonder... Would be nice if capitals at least have the ability to repair or replace lost drones.
I suspect that they will be buyable but also buildable in your own stations if you outfit them for that task. As for capitals building them it might be an optional modual than can be equiped but i suspect and ship and repair them or atleast the capitals.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 03:28

It sounds to me like the capital ship battles will now be proper long lasting battles where you have time to run around issuing orders to your crew in order to fight and target individual systems on the enemy ship or repair certain area's of your ship say the engines while sacrificing others in order so you can flee as opposed to two ships opening fire on each other and 10 seconds later one of them is just a cloud of space dust like in the previous games.

I like it, I really, really like it 8)
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”