Where will it be sold!!!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jwrealing
x3tc

Where will it be sold!!!

Post by jwrealing » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:19

I hope this doesn't go the way X-Superbox did. I waited and waited, for it to come out in my local computer store, and it didn't. I hate ordering any thing thru the mail. So I missed out on the X-Superbox.

So is it going to come out in the U.S.A or at lease here in Seattle WA. Where Microsoft is just down the Street?

DJ0JJ
x4

Post by DJ0JJ » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:21

You know that selling PC games retail its getting harder and harder by year and that Egosoft its from germany and Deep Silver its European right??

My guess its that you will need to order it tru mail.

jwrealing
x3tc

Post by jwrealing » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:32

I know it's from Germany as I bought my first X (XBTF) in Schwienfurt Germany (lived there for 20yrs), I moved back to USA in 2002, I got X 2, then X 3 reunion, then TC here. Missed out on X-Superbox, I just would like to be able to walk in and pick it up. Go home install and have fun, I hate ordering thru the mail and I don't care for Stream (not a option) I want a hardcopy.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:34

Digital download from Steam, or another service, may be your best bet.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

DJ0JJ
x4

Post by DJ0JJ » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:36

Still, hard copies selling have been declining, and PC publishers are selling them only tru big stores. Maybe it will come to Amazon or something.
But at the end it all depends on Deep Silver

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:45

i think if you order via mail the best option is to order it directly from EGO, maybe not the the cheapest alternative but afaik the developer gets one of the first finished charges.. and they would benefit the most from that (the profit margin goes directly to EGO, not the dealer in between ;) )

Syock

Post by Syock » Sat, 1. Oct 11, 19:49

I get it shipped in from Deep Silver. The USA distributor for X2 was shipping it on four CD's or something, while Deep Silver was selling one DVD.

Halflight
x3ap

Post by Halflight » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 18:35

Kor'ah wrote:Digital download from Steam, or another service, may be your best bet.
Has a day one Steam release been confirmed yet?

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 19:14

Never mind a day one release, no steam release has been confirmed.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Chobittsu
x4

Post by Chobittsu » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 09:45

I miss the days when I could walk into Wal-Mart and there'd be a 15 meter wall of PC games... now the PC section is a tiny 2 meters... I'll be ordering my copy of XR in the mail, unless the Steam digital download has something too good to pass up.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 15:21

EmperorJon wrote:Never mind a day one release, no steam release has been confirmed.
some of the prizes to the forum quest are steam copies of rebirth. So that pretty much confirms that there will be a steam release.

i know here Game and gamestation both have it available for preorder

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 16:15

As long as I can get a nice boxed DVD copy to go next to all my other boxed copies of X games on the shelf I'm happy :)

Scoob.

Canefox
x3tc

Post by Canefox » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 20:38

Well I'm pretty sure it will come to America in box form eventually. I still see boxes of X3TC and X3 Gold floating around at my local Game Stops and Best Buys. I would prefer the box version so that way I don't always have to be logging into steam to play, but if I have to, I will consider buying it from Steam, if I can't seem to find a physical copy first that is.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 21:03

Cycrow wrote:some of the prizes to the forum quest are steam copies of rebirth. So that pretty much confirms that there will be a steam release.

i know here Game and gamestation both have it available for preorder
Nothing on Steam yet, but Amazon UK has it for pre-order as well (and less expensive!)

XR Release Dates and Availability
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”