General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

EmperorJon
x3tc

Huge Respect For Bernd And The Team

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 12:42

For bringing out all this info.
For all the hard work.

And, most of all, for how amazingly epic Rebirth looks like it will be. I can't wait to be setting up massive factories, fighting in superhighways at ridiculous speeds, watching awesome combats, building fleets of drones... I just. Can't. Wait.

EDIT: I will clarify:

When other companies complain about budget restraints, time problems, etc., a small German company creates... a series of absolute masterpieces.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 13:05

+1 :)

Totally agree with you.

I don't remember any delay in Egosoft game's releases.

A company that others should look at !
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Re: Huge Respect For Bernd And The Team

Post by Dantrithor » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 13:23

EmperorJon wrote: When other companies complain about budget restraints, time problems, etc., a small German company creates... a series of absolute masterpieces.
gorman2040 wrote:I don't remember any delay in Egosoft game's releases.
That comes with a cost, the buggy first releases. And despite that, we keep loving them, because they give us more and more stuff with every patch. That's the real achievement!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 13:32

For TC, we got YEARS of free content, content which other companies would have ended up charging us 4x the cost of the game in total for... Possibly the best game development company in the world. (And the second best game developer XD)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Nehaektas

Post by Nehaektas » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 18:05

I completely concur with the OP. Being a player of all the X series I am now very excited with X-Rebirth. After rading the news I think all the design decissions are really great, and just the kind of freshness the game needed.

Best.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 18:14

Yup, Kudos to Egosoft. They've demonstrated a certain love for the X series that goes even beyond just basic business. So I knows this new series will be great! It may not start off as the greatest thing on earth, but it will be after a couple of years.

Keep up the good work! And keep amazing us with your games.[/i]

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 18:19

Dantrithor wrote:That comes with a cost, the buggy first releases.
I don't see a problem in that .Reunion version 1.0 had problems and till they fixed it I learnt how to play it and made strategies .Then they fixed it and I spent hundreds of hours killing paranids :D

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 18:39

gorman2040 wrote:I don't remember any delay in Egosoft game's releases.
I seem to remember X2:The Threat was pretty late?
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 19:35

The lateness I've seen was due to poor supply chains back in the day, but with steam, i think we'll be alright. I myself am pumped for this game.
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 19:45

It's nice to get some real info on what is going to be in the game. The building your own ships/stations has really peaked my interest....

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 00:20

EmperorJon wrote:
When other companies complain about budget restraints, time problems, etc., a small German company creates... a series of absolute masterpieces.
The reason i still follow Egosoft after all these years is because of that every point. Small company producing dangerous cutting edge, may make a loss stuff and doing it far more often than large companies like EA.

The reality of gaming is, the small companies are the ones that take the chances and produce original stuff, they are the ones that deserve our respect and deserve some slack when they mess up because they will.

But never be a yes man, if you want kill a company dead, tell them what they want to hear. If you want Egosoft to be a success on the other hand, tell them what they need to hear but always be fair, remember they are a small company working hard.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 03:33

Just read the stickies and I'm throwing my voice into this thread as well, I was dubious even downright sceptical about Rebirth when it was first announced but I'm yet to hear a single thing about this game I don't like so I've made my decision and I'm ready to pre-order right now.

This sounds like a fine, fine game -well done Bernd/Egosoft :)
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

BattleXer
x4

Post by BattleXer » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 04:17

+1 to the OP.

Thank you Egosoft for opening this forum and giving us more of an insight of what Rebirth is going to be about...

And from what I read, this will be a day 1 purchase for me.

Keep it up!

Sareth01
x3tc

Post by Sareth01 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 05:18

great info, looks like a great game. From what I have read it seems like Egosoft is really streamlining the enjoyment of the game (for me, making carrier management all the easier). I look forward to release day!

Hubert99
x3tc

Cockpit

Post by Hubert99 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 09:15

Cockpit confirmed. I am happy. :)
Thereshallbewings

bof111

Post by bof111 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 11:32

EmperorJon is here 150% right. Agreed totally.
And i think that Egosoft is the combination of two era. 10 or 15 years of this the dev had idea and creativity and not a lot of techical ressources, now they have the techical power (look the graphical look of games and so on...) but they don't have the spirit to do games anymore.
With Ego, they put together the will and creativity of the 90th with the technical possibilities of 2011 ! :thumb_up:

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 15:10

I admit that I had my doubts about how much change Egosoft would implement. I was hoping for something drastic and having just read the stickies I have to say I'm truly excited for the Rebirth of X!

Kudos to Egosoft for not being afraid of change, for keeping the space sim genre alive and for doing it with passion. :thumb_up:

Bill Bones
x3

Post by Bill Bones » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 15:17

Egosoft would have had a much better chance with me if they hadn't chosen to remove what I liked from their games. :(

No space dogfight = no reason to bother leaving EVE.
No multiple ships = no reason to play X Rebirth at all.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 21:19

Bill Bones wrote:Egosoft would have had a much better chance with me if they hadn't chosen to remove what I liked from their games. :(

No space dogfight = no reason to bother leaving EVE.
No multiple ships = no reason to play X Rebirth at all.
You should read the stickies before posting, both of those things are still in the game :roll:
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Eskymak

Post by Eskymak » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 21:59

+1

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”