Wow :D

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Decimatarius
x4

Wow :D

Post by Decimatarius » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 20:25

This game sounds like its going to be an improvment on every X game before it. Ok i did panic when i heard about only having one ship but im relived to know ownership of others is still in the game.

Speaking of which i have a question about the player ship, where would it fit in classification and capabilities or is it truely upgradable in so many ways that i could be anything the player desires....just not all at once lol.

Also i know theres no system specs out for it yet but as a rough estimate would you say its going to be a little more than X3:TC or a "go buy a space age supercomputer" for it kinda game?

P.S. As a request to the developers, (ok i know ur really busy making the game) could you post up more screenies of the universe and ships particularly the player ship pretty pleeeeaaaasssseeee.....with a cherry on top :D

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 22:15

Yeah, I was actually surprised with that news letter and it got me really, really excited! It sounds like the game is going to be really, really good for us that want to feel like we are commanding an empire.

I second the notion about screenshots with the player modular ship. We were told about it, but have not seen it! Looking at some screenshots and maybe pictures of different configurations would be nice.

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:14

Yeh more screenies of the ship and maybe a few combat scenes. But maybe some of the NPC's inside the ship doing their jobs. Actually theres a thought.....do we have to pay these NPC's every so often because if thats the case i expect myself and the trusty co-pilot to be the only two people on the ship before long lol.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:23

Decimatarius wrote:Yeh more screenies of the ship and maybe a few combat scenes. But maybe some of the NPC's inside the ship doing their jobs. Actually theres a thought.....do we have to pay these NPC's every so often because if thats the case i expect myself and the trusty co-pilot to be the only two people on the ship before long lol.
Pay wages :o I hope we have a choice of paying them or using slave labour. :pirat: But regarding system specs I think it will need more than TC did, due to the size of capital ships. I would imagine it's going to need at least 3GB of memory to playout battle scenes.

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:28

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote: Pay wages :o I hope we have a choice of paying them or using slave labour. :pirat:
Well if your going to use slaves then your gonna need some kind of incentive like an exploding neck collar, ok maybe not one of them because it will leave a nasty mess :P

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:33

The neck collar would be a little extreme I think. :lol:

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:37

Would you rather they all rebel and throw you out the airlock then spin the ship around and burn you with the ships engines as they speed off in what is now their ship :P :lol:

icer
x3tc

Post by icer » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 00:13

hahhaha mabye a poison neck collar? that injects a deadly poison if they even think about rebelling?

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 12:36

I think a surgically implanted controller chip would be better sollution. That way if they don't carry out your orders correctly you can have them throw themselves out the airlock. :fg:

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 14:42

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:I think a surgically implanted controller chip would be better sollution. That way if they don't carry out your orders correctly you can have them throw themselves out the airlock. :fg:
Or for a bit of entertainment just use the chip to make them beat themselves up, go for the classic "why are you hitting yourself" :headbang: :fg:

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 17:30

Ohh.. damaging good "objects" that are worth money?

If you have implanted some "controller" chips, just use the "stimulator" to induce extreme pain by hitting the right nerves. Repeat if necessary..

See? No damage and so still valuable "stuff" to sell, but a high chance of inducing total control over given "subject" (you always can use some "damage" if this does not work).

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 20:04

Decimatarius wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:I think a surgically implanted controller chip would be better sollution. That way if they don't carry out your orders correctly you can have them throw themselves out the airlock. :fg:
Or for a bit of entertainment just use the chip to make them beat themselves up, go for the classic "why are you hitting yourself" :headbang: :fg:
:lol:

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 21:31

I found a picture of the new player ship.

It's huge, you can run around throughout the entire ship talking to NPC characters and issuing orders and you can actually populate the surface of your ship with loads of cool infrastructure and facilities like Shield generators, laser batteries ect.

Spoiler
Show
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 22:23

shireknight wrote:I found a picture of the new player ship.

It's huge, you can run around throughout the entire ship talking to NPC characters and issuing orders and you can actually populate the surface of your ship with loads of cool infrastructure and facilities like Shield generators, laser batteries ect.
You mean - our player craft will have a defensive weakness near the exhaust vent!

Sanjor
x4

Post by Sanjor » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 22:32

Terre wrote:
shireknight wrote:I found a picture of the new player ship.

You mean - our player craft will have a defensive weakness near the exhaust vent!
Yours might! Shield generators, shield generators everywhere.
Primary weapon: Ramming speed.

And if player-built capitals are as modular and customizable as we're lead to believe stations are; then here is a preview of my flagship:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dZveoBfiww

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 23:26

And if you are on the bridge and you get called to the engine room. :o Better take a packed lunch. :lol:

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 23:31

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:And if you are on the bridge and you get called to the engine room. :o Better take a packed lunch. :lol:
Given the fact capital ships in X3TC are up to 3 Km long, I'd pack my lunch just in case even if I don't get the death star as my ship.

Decimatarius
x4

Post by Decimatarius » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 00:34

3km long...yeah your not walking anywhere infact i can imagine there being a highway or train system inside it. I just hope the on board pub is close to my quarters so i wont have far to stumble as i drunkenly shout orders to my co-pilot to go probe the craters on that asteroid over there just for poo's and giggles :P lmao

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 19:11

@Decimatarius

Yeah we can buy transporter devices so i think everything can be at the "next door". Because lots of features will become a virtual relality like enviroment in rebirth... so i think we virtually will get drunk

Lets imagine we are borons in a Ray and we have to swim inside our ship. One of the most funniest thing in X humans can be on board their ships.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”