Rebirth plot question. Ending of TC and Gates malfunction. possible SPOILERS

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NotYet

Rebirth plot question. Ending of TC and Gates malfunction. possible SPOILERS

Post by NotYet » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 22:01

Hey everyone. It was mentioned that due to events in TC the gates wont be working from the start. Im really ashamed to ask this but I forgot what was the ending of TC. I remember that there were a few missions and after that I free roamed the space, tried the HUB and HQ missions.

But I dont remember anything about the gates not working. Can you please remind me what happened there, what mission was it and how it ended up with gates offline ?

Thank you !

NotYet

Post by NotYet » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 22:39

Omg I just read some encyclopedia and it says that Earth Torus was destroyed and Saya Kho died, also her mother sacrificed herself to lure terraformers to a black hole.

Please tell me where I can read what exactly happened, cause Im getting confused. I didnt see all this happening in TC. :((((((

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:07

It didn't happen in TC! That entry was from the encyclopaedia that was included with the superbox set, and it was a sequel to the events of TC. I think it was meant as a prequel / bridge to Rebirth.

So, yeah, at the start of Rebirth the gates are out and nobody knows why. As an alternative, people have started using the spacelanes.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Sun, 2. Oct 11, 23:11

Basically,
Spoiler
Show
Aldrin and Earth are a bit angry with eachother, the Argon ahve to pick as side and choose Aldrin, a large AI fleet is built and war breaks out with Earth, Earth survives (just) with the Torus destroyed and many many dead, and then all the jumpgates fail, probably because of the ancients basically setting up a firebreak. The whole point is that the cluster is meant to be balance, with the Boron, Split, Telaid and Paranid... but then the Terrans -> Argons turned up, then the Xenon with them, then the Kha'ak, then the Terrans got reconnected, and the ancients aren't that happy that their nice system has been messed with. What I find funny is supposedly the Kha'ak come from their own race cluster, but somehow got their super jumpdrives, naughty insects!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

NotYet

Post by NotYet » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 00:54

EmperorJon wrote:Basically,
Spoiler
Show
Aldrin and Earth are a bit angry with eachother, the Argon ahve to pick as side and choose Aldrin, a large AI fleet is built and war breaks out with Earth, Earth survives (just) with the Torus destroyed and many many dead, and then all the jumpgates fail, probably because of the ancients basically setting up a firebreak. The whole point is that the cluster is meant to be balance, with the Boron, Split, Telaid and Paranid... but then the Terrans -> Argons turned up, then the Xenon with them, then the Kha'ak, then the Terrans got reconnected, and the ancients aren't that happy that their nice system has been messed with. What I find funny is supposedly the Kha'ak come from their own race cluster, but somehow got their super jumpdrives, naughty insects!
Thanks to all of you. But now Im totally confused with everything :D

If you dont mind - pls clarify this thing:
Spoiler
Show
So as if I recall correctly in the last plot mission u bring Aldrin ambassadors to the Earth Torus. After that nothing new happens inside the game relevant to the story, right ?
So what happens next is - Argon (who are human colonists iirc) allies with Aldrin (who are human colonists too iirc). Aldrin controls the a fleet of xenon ships (not the bad ones, but just their own) with some cool software. After the main game story it all goes f...d up, argon and aldrin try to kick Earth's ass. Then the aldrin army destroys the torus, kills a lot of people, all good heroes from the game like the Kho girls sacrifice each other and then the ancients disable the gates (which ones ? only our solar system or aliens too ?) and then somehow Earth reconnects and ancients are upset and want to kick our ass too ?

Im completely lost :( What happened to xenon in the end of all and will they be in Rebirth ? Also any info on Khaak or its still a mistery ?

And what about the ancients too - do they want to interfere or we never gonna meet them ?

Please tell me something, Im so anxious to know !

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 01:18

Spoiler
Show
I think Operation Final Fury is like a way for Egosoft to write off the Khaak. I think they intended to introduce the Khaak as an enigmatic entity but they're realize they are becoming just a rather generic bad guy (seems like the writers don't want to go that direction anymore). I think they will focus on existing antaprotag that already have a rich and complex background instead of just some angry the world must be destroy dudes.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 02:30

Spoiler
Show
Definitely, Mightysword. Egosoft really seemed bent on fleshing out the Xenon in the later patches, particularly A New Home.

Although I'm sort of hoping the opposite, in that the Kha'ak somehow return but as a non-hostile race. It would give the writers a chance to give the race a little depth. They seem like they have lot of potential for "character" development and would give a little more variety to the races.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 17:42

@NotYet,
Spoiler
Show
the second bit was referring to the storyline as a whole, Earth isn't reconnected again or anything. And yes, all gates stop functioning, I believe.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 18:02

In TC if you have finished the terran plot and then not done any of the other main missions that you need to search for and play you have missed alot of the game, mabye nothing too impotant in terms of the timeline but a good reason to replay TC before this is released lol
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 19:05

Just a bit add on to EmperorJon

Lets blame the Paranid about the khaak attacks on commonwealth
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”