Wings

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Erik963

Wings

Post by Erik963 » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 13:32

Is there some fast way how to add ships into the wings instead of going to autopilot settings of every ship and settings its wing ?

Also is there way i can fastly chose wins instead of going to my property and wings ?

heratik
x3tc

Re: Wings

Post by heratik » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 13:37

Erik963 wrote:Is there some fast way how to add ships into the wings instead of going to autopilot settings of every ship and settings its wing ?
In the top left menu there is a 'wings' option, you can assign ships to wings there, it is still slightly painful, but not as much as going into each ships individual menu
Also is there way i can fastly chose wins instead of going to my property and wings ?
Well that is pretty quick, one keyboard button and one mouse click. About as fast as anything gets in TC :D

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 13:45

I tend to use the Wing's command menu, where it has a quick list of your other (non-docked) ships in the sector, allowing you to quickly add ships in bulk. The list cursor moves the opposite direction from most X3TC lists, which takes a bit of getting used to, but it's still very handy for adding a bunch of fresh fighters to a carrier wing etc.

(I don't /think/ that was one of the things you mentioned - it's the Wing's Command menu, not the ship's Command menu, and it's not the My Wings or Property's Wings menu .... Apologies if it's just a repeat)

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 13:53

Vyrebird wrote:I tend to use the Wing's command menu, where it has a quick list of your other (non-docked) ships in the sector, allowing you to quickly add ships in bulk. The list cursor moves the opposite direction from most X3TC lists, which takes a bit of getting used to, but it's still very handy for adding a bunch of fresh fighters to a carrier wing etc.

(I don't /think/ that was one of the things you mentioned - it's the Wing's Command menu, not the ship's Command menu, and it's not the My Wings or Property's Wings menu .... Apologies if it's just a repeat)
No it is not the same as I mentioned, but I think a far superior method that I clean forgot about. :oops:

Apart from possibly if you are OOS from the ships you wish to add to a wing or had ships in different sectors you wished to add to the same wing, where you would have to navigate your property menu/universe map to find them before adding them...

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 5. Oct 11, 01:47

wings are overcomplicated and damn hard to command individual ships within....
When you choose the wing name on the map it should be their global command. when you go into the individual ship menu it should be command that ship only. Some menus are way too deep in to reach them easily

Reunion Main Menu is flawless
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”